flipping wheels for wider stance

sandmouseswife

wheel spaceing, or fliping wheels make it harder to steer as well as adding extra stress.

bent shocks, yea, i was do'n a 30-35foot table top all day long, then 1 jump i landed heavy on the front left wheel, bent the chrome shaft inside the stock shock like a bannana, seizing the shock. and this was on stock shocks/arms.

flipping the wheels work good on the rear.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wheel's are much better than wheel spacers.

Having a rim with the bolting area further inward, is better than extending the studs or spacing them out.

The rim can at least sit plush against the hub.

Also, why do you think aftermarket rims are so popular? Because they're offset. And tons of people run them. Yes, they add stress, and yes, it's not as good as a-arms, but they are a cheap fix for us do-it-yourselfers at home wanting more stability.

The max ill ever get is maybe 5ft of air. Im pretty sure the balljoints can handle that with mixed trails in it.

I ran flipped rims on my blaster for years.

I feel much safer with aftermarket rims though. I don't know why, maybe just the sense that they're stronger that stock.

I have seen broken spindles on stock banshees, the forces on the spindles is not so much more by adding a spacer, or flipping a rim. Guys that jumps a lot, after a few years because of metal fatigue the spindles broke, with or without spacers, YES the spacer will probably make the fatigue happen faster over a certain period, but nothing to worry about, some broke earlier without spacers, I don't like spacers, but had used them for years. Point is, after a few years if you are a MX guy the spindles may break or will last, even an a-arm may break, look at that guy who broke the laegers arm in 2. Maybe if you don't jump that much it will last longer.... nothing lasts forever.. the ball joints on a stock suspension will last years even with spacers. Flip the wheels, put on the spacers, who knows if tis going to break..