would i be crazy?

I have been looking for a dirtbike for a while now...really want to keep the shee and buy a bike...but ..im a little strapped for cash right now...take a look at these pics and let me know if it would be a fair trade......my 01 shee for an 03 yz250f....i really dont want to get rid of her but if i found the right bike ...i might....

http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t1/yami2stroke/

I have been looking for a dirtbike for a while now...really want to keep the shee and buy a bike...but ..im a little strapped for cash right now...take a look at these pics and let me know if it would be a fair trade......my 01 shee for an 03 yz250f....i really dont want to get rid of her but if i found the right bike ...i might....

http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t1/yami2stroke/

they are both nice but you are on a banshee site so you will get a lot of bias answers and let me be the first ...hell no keep the shee!!!!

That 250f might be worth $3,000. And being an '03, if the head hasn't been rebuilt yet plan on spending at least $1,000 dollars just for that. If it still has the original crank and its out of tolerance when you check while the head is off, thats $220. Piston is gonna be $125, might as well buy on oil pump while its apart, so another $100 (i think), seals and gaskets $100. If you can't do it yourself, say $350+ for a four stroke tear down/rebuild. So i would definetely wanna make sure its been rebuilt recently, especially if its a race bike liekt eh numbers indicate, and ask the guy what class he races in. If he raced it every weeken, that bike should've had the head rebuilt once a year. . I'd wanna see reciept's for motor work if i was you. And these are real world prices, i'm not just pullin 'em outta my ass, my cousin just had his whole motor rebuilt, and he did the labr himself, it was close too $1,600 by the time he was done with it

Or you can buy a YZ125, worst case scenario it needs a piston and crank, you're lookin at $400, and the bike is only gonna cost $1500 to $2,500.

Well...it WAS something i was considering....but i'm pretty sure i made up my mind..thanks for the opinions..and the real life prices of the rebuild...I was straight up with the guy and told him that it would take one hell of a bike to even get me thinkin of tradin the shee.....When it comes down to it...theres nothin like a banshee..bottom line

Well...it WAS something i was considering....but i'm pretty sure i made up my mind..thanks for the opinions..and the real life prices of the rebuild...I was straight up with the guy and told him that it would take one hell of a bike to even get me thinkin of tradin the shee.....When it comes down to it...theres nothin like a banshee..bottom line

Good choice :wink: