Fastenerguy Banshee Stainless Steel Bolt Kits

FireHead

Glad you guys like the fastnerguy kit. I wish I would have used them instead of the alloy one I got. My bros fastnerguy kit is great!

I bought the Fastenerguy kit partly because of your reccomendation if thaty makes you feel any better. :thumbsup:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we can salvage this thread a bit by defining what a douche bag is. Does anyone want to explain that? :geek:

Very simple... a bad of douche ROFLMFAO :yelrotflmao:

Very simple... a bad of douche ROFLMFAO :yelrotflmao:

I have seen a douche or two and I can't really figure out where a bag comes in to play in the process. :blink:

An acceptable definition also might be the buy that keeps typing in "penis" into the HQ shout box. :ermm:

That's awesome! Not only did I learn what it really was, I also got to just about wet myself laughing at some of the other responses. :yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao:

yeah there were some good ones un there... :woot:

Mark...for some reason...M10, 1.25 and 40 or 50mm long is my thought. Will make sure tonight...:)

That is the correct size. M10 1.25 and they do not come in Stainless.

I have the Fastner Guy kit and it sucks ass. Sorry guys had to tell the truth. The A-arm Bolts I'm using without problems but they are just barley long enough to be flush with the nuts when they SHOULD stick out at least another 1/4th of an inch.

The Swing arm Bolts are Garbage, complete garbage, I complained and they did send me another set for the swing arm but they still do Not fit right. I put the stock bolts back in. One of the swing arm bolts in the kit is the wrong diameter. I'm talking about the bolt (I can't remember exactly which one, but the factory one is thick then gets narrow (It is the bolt that you have to get a spacer for on some aftermarket swing arms). It allowed allot of play in the linkage which is not good and feels like shit, who would want to use a smaller diameter Bolt on the Swing arm Linkage?!!? (Allows the bike to smack down on the bolt.) I don't think it is safe. The other pivot bolts have threads on the pivot area or 1/2 of it so where it should be smooth there are threads. The rear brake hub bolts do not fit with an aftermarket Brake Carrier (the factory bolts do) They are WAY too short (probably too short for stock hub as well, The Motor mount bolts do not fit AT ALL. They do not thread in all the way because the bolts are not completely threaded so they stop as soon as they hit the non threaded portion.

I was able to salvage the rear brake hub bolts by asking for extras for another part (I can't remember which part the bolts fit sorry were guys but if you get the kit just compare some other bolts to the stock brake hub bolts).

It was really frustrating when I was putting the new frame on the banshee. I do have lots of leftover bolts which is nice, and I did use allot of the kit, but why even include stuff as ridiculous as the motor mount bolts unless you want your motor shifting around...Same for the swing arm bolts, if they don't make the correct sizes in stainless then just don't include them and lower the price of the kit....Give me something else like bolts for the front brake hubs or have someone make some foot peg bolts

Edited by Justintoxicated

Wow...

If you think 85 to 90 bucks is expensive...get the alloyboltz kit then. Twice as much.

I have a round house swinger....so, can't say anything about the carrier bolts.

They don't make footpeg bolts, upper A arm bolts or swingarm pivot bolts.

You might have an older kit...but the kit I bought around a month ago doesn't include the above, and I specifically asked the guy (I think his name was Rick) and he says they do not offer them....and they sure weren't in my kit.

If someone else wanted to put together a complete, stainless...semi-polished kit for anywhere near this price, I'd say go for it.

But...I think it's the best kit out there....as of right now.

Wow...

If you think 85 to 90 bucks is expensive...get the alloyboltz kit then. Twice as much.

I have a round house swinger....so, can't say anything about the carrier bolts.

They don't make footpeg bolts, upper A arm bolts or swingarm pivot bolts.

You might have an older kit...but the kit I bought around a month ago doesn't include the above, and I specifically asked the guy (I think his name was Rick) and he says they do not offer them....and they sure weren't in my kit.

If someone else wanted to put together a complete, stainless...semi-polished kit for anywhere near this price, I'd say go for it.

But...I think it's the best kit out there....as of right now.

Mine did not have upper A-arm bolts, or footpegs (picked up some plated / graded botls for the pegs) but it did have the swingarm bolts and I have both sets (first and second he sent me) sitting in my spare bolt box. I paid over $100 for the kit and expected things to fit without a hassle. I woudl have been better off dumping all the bolts in a box and jsut picking bolts that fit out one at a time. Only about 1/2 of them actualy fit what they were labled for. Engine mount bolts do not fit at all they are in the same box as the swingarm bolts unless I used them for something else. I have a round carrier too but the bolts included SHOULD fit... The stock allenhead bolts do and he has the correct size botls he just included ones that are way too short (1/2 the size length of the factory bolts) They don't fit a damn thing on the bike...

I'd say it was overall one of the worst purchases I have made (maybe not the worst since it was not THAT much money), although I have had problems with almost everything I buy for the banshee, wether it be a coolhead, pipes, suspension, etc...

where were you guys three weeks ago when I posted a topic asking for the peg mount bolt size...I didn't get one good reply. someone told me to try calling the steelership. :shoothead:

I figured it was M10X1.25 but wasn't for sure. :ermm:

...all well...I handled it.

That is the correct size. M10 1.25 and they do not come in Stainless.

I have the Fastner Guy kit and it sucks ass. Sorry guys had to tell the truth. The A-arm Bolts I'm using without problems but they are just barley long enough to be flush with the nuts when they SHOULD stick out at least another 1/4th of an inch.

I can't believe this kit is getting a GOOD review when it is expensive and FAR from complete. I took pictures of almost everything if anyone is doubting me...the service was good (sent extra stuff when I had problems), but the inability to send correct bolts still sucks. They also never got back to me about the problems when I sent pictures. I don't want to hear BS about having aftermarket parts when the stock bolts fit and theirs do not.

Also you need to be sure to use Antiseize on ALL bolts or they can gall up in your frame.

I am goingto have to throw some rocks at you hear...................

First of all stating M10x1.25 by whater ever bolts, do not come in stainless steel is ignorant. The most certainly are made in stainless steel, you can find them at any fastener house.

Second of all, the kit I got contained very high quality fasteners that functioned very well so far. I don't know what kit you got, but it doesn't seem to be the same as mine. All of my fasteners are graded and hand polished. I will put my PE stamp on that. UI have not had any trouble with bolts stretching, seizing, or doing anything else you have stated. Antiseize should not be necessary on any of the threads that are not exposed to weather or a bi-metallic fit.

I apologize if I am picking on a retard here............ :ermm:

I am goingto have to throw some rocks at you hear...................

First of all stating M10x1.25 by whater ever bolts, do not come in stainless steel is ignorant. The most certainly are made in stainless steel, you can find them at any fastener house.

Second of all, the kit I got contained very high quality fasteners that functioned very well so far. I don't know what kit you got, but it doesn't seem to be the same as mine. All of my fasteners are graded and hand polished. I will put my PE stamp on that. UI have not had any trouble with bolts stretching, seizing, or doing anything else you have stated. Antiseize should not be necessary on any of the threads that are not exposed to weather or a bi-metallic fit.

I apologize if I am picking on a retard here............ :ermm:

I was incorrect about thebrake hub bolts they were too long, not too short so they would stick into the space where the brake disk goes, making them useless.

Please show me a fastner store that sell M10 .1.25 in stainless I looked for about a month. AlL I could find was 1.50 pitch in stainless. They do exist as Russ used to have them like $10 for 2 or something. I think he had them custom made or something.

Ok man, ignorence is bliss eot.

Here is an example of some bolts that Did not match (I don't remember what these were for.

post-3120-1178003128_thumb.jpg

Edited by Justintoxicated