Saint Anthony

FredMW

I will be out there with a big group around the same time. We will have to hook up and do some riding. The place is awesome. Just watch out for lava rock and witch eyes.

Is the lava rock everywhere or just in certain areas?

No, its not everywhere. Its mainly at the bottom of some of the smaller dunes. Just make sure you ride along the top edge of the dunes before you dive in. Also you want to ride the edge whenever you go over the top so you can look for witch eyes. Those things hurt - just ask jeepman380.

No, its not everywhere. Its mainly at the bottom of some of the smaller dunes. Just make sure you ride along the top edge of the dunes before you dive in. Also you want to ride the edge whenever you go over the top so you can look for witch eyes. Those things hurt - just ask jeepman380.

what the hell is a witch eye?

A witches eye is where the sand makes a blown out hole in the sand. You cant see them when the sun is high and you can go in them and hit the offside. Here is one at KP i was messing around in.. This is just a small one, only about 10 feet deep, and it has a shadow because it was like 9 in the morning when I took the pic.

eye3-1.jpg

witches eyes are where the wind whirls a small almost invisible hole into the sand and it's not that big but big enough for you to eat some major shit if you aren't carefull. St. A's is SWEET that time of year and you will have a blast. Definitely hook up and come ride with us.

witches eyes are where the wind whirls a small almost invisible hole into the sand and it's not that big but big enough for you to eat some major shit if you aren't carefull. St. A's is SWEET that time of year and you will have a blast. Definitely hook up and come ride with us.

Thanks for the invite, we will be staying at Sand Hills. I will touch base with you in June. Sounds like a good time. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thanks for the invite, we will be staying at Sand Hills. I will touch base with you in June. Sounds like a good time. :biggrin: :biggrin:

We will be at Sand Hills also. I will be in spot #8 I think it is. See you there!

• 2 weeks later...

40 I think! My bike is a roller right now and my motor is in pieces at Jeffs. I'm gettin nervous! I also just decided to change my frame. I picked one up from majicmike the other day so now I have to change all of my parts over to that one. Oh well, I will be there either on my Banshee or on my sons KFX80!!!

We'll be there the week before you guys - 5/31-6/7. Our first trip too. Where's the best place to camp with hookups. Gotta take the motorhome for the wifey. I was looking at the Egin lakes BLM area. If any of you are going to be there at that time, let me know, we'll have to hook up and do some riding. I didn't see much for rules either. Gotta have a flag and a registration sticker if your home state requires it. Didn't see anything about spark arrestors or db levels. As far as I know, there is no registration sticker for Kansas, so we should be good to go.

Yeah, we have never had to have a sticker. We always stay at the Sand Hills Resort. Its a little bit of a ride from the bigger dunes but its a fun ride out there. Its a really nice place to stay. Showers, laundry, a small store, lots of trees and grass. Jeff called me this afternoon bansheeryder_69. 37 days. Holy crap I have a lot to do before I go!