running alky and nitrous

damfast

Ok guys I have my banshee on alky and now want to put it on noss also. I hear its a pain in the butt but would hafta think its worth it. I hear i nees to run another tank with race gas. Show me what you all are doing and anything else I need to know. Thanks for the help and this site rocks!

Ok guys I have my banshee on alky and now want to put it on noss also. I hear its a pain in the butt but would hafta think its worth it. I hear i nees to run another tank with race gas. Show me what you all are doing and anything else I need to know. Thanks for the help and this site rocks!

If you had a second outlet on your fuel tank, you could simply run a the wet circuit of the nitrous system from that. You should be able to run alcohol for the wet circuit as well. I am not sure why someone would tell you that you had to run race gas. That would make the engine very hard to tune. :geek:

If you had a second outlet on your fuel tank, you could simply run a the wet circuit of the nitrous system from that. You should be able to run alcohol for the wet circuit as well. I am not sure why someone would tell you that you had to run race gas. That would make the engine very hard to tune. :geek:

I guess thats my question> Maybe the alky burns to slow

it`s actually harder to tune on alky. most guys run race gas as an enrichment fuel with the no2.from what i was told by my builder it can be done but alky tends to lean out at high rpm`s with n02.

i pm`ed a guy that has some knowledge on this subject, a few years back he was running sick times with a dry kit 350 oem cylinders. fast as the big cheetas at the time.on gas. he is a member here and knows about nitrous.when i had it on my bike i went to purge the lines and it backfired, sending both reed cages v force cr 250`s out through the carbs, bending both needles.that was the final straw for me with dragging.

i pm`ed a guy

I 'm here. I'll tell you what I remember!!!! I ran a wet system (nx). I ran up to a 70 shot. I ran alky thru the carbs and race gas as an enrichener for the nitrous. I just fabbed a small aluminum tank in the back of the bike. The difference in our system and others is the fuel system. I run a adjustable bypass style fuel pressure regulator. So whatever fuel pressure you run it's dead nuts on. The fuel is always circulating when the systems armed. Without this you would not beleive the pressure drop (lean) when you hit the button. With this it drops like a 1/4 psi. The other thing is know where youre timing is. I used to adjust about 1.5* retard for every 10hp shot. Timing will kill youre motor with a big shot if you don't do this.

I 'm here. I'll tell you what I remember!!!! I ran a wet system (nx). I ran up to a 70 shot. I ran alky thru the carbs and race gas as an enrichener for the nitrous. I just fabbed a small aluminum tank in the back of the bike. The difference in our system and others is the fuel system. I run a adjustable bypass style fuel pressure regulator. So whatever fuel pressure you run it's dead nuts on. The fuel is always circulating when the systems armed. Without this you would not beleive the pressure drop (lean) when you hit the button. With this it drops like a 1/4 psi. The other thing is know where youre timing is. I used to adjust about 1.5* retard for every 10hp shot. Timing will kill youre motor with a big shot if you don't do this.

Im runnung +8 degrees advance now so if im gonna run 20 into each cylinder then I would take it back to +2 is that right? I was also thinking about the dyna that I could set diff timing curves with what do you think?

Edited by damfast