Overheating issue help!

my jugs are bored 60 over and I am running the stock carbs with 380 main jets and the air/fuel mixture is perfect. The motor is running perfect in general but I am overheating in 15 minutes and its only 60 degrees out. I have the Toomey oversized radiator and the billet impellar and I am running engine ice in it. I also have a cool head in it with 20cc domes and the compression is good. I took it out for 15-20 minutes today and the antifreeze was boiling and averflowing all over the place. Any suggestions on what is happening here? Any help would be greaty appreciated

P.S. I justed flushed out the coolant system yesterday to get the old antifreeze out before I put in the engine ice. sprayed a hose down the radiator and the water pump and water was flowing out the other ends fine.

Thanks

Nate

Edited by gtmustang003

is the coolant running all the way through your motor? you might have a pass thats gunked up and thats why it not cooling...

I would want to know how you know it is overheating? Are you putting a temp gauge on it? Are you running the factory burp bottle? It is normal, if the bike is over full, to kinda "level off" the water but puking a bit. If you are sure it is overheat, the very first thing I would do is inspect that impeller. The factory uses a cheap plastic POS that nukes. Inspect it asap. Also make sure the vent line coming off the top of the head is in place and not clogged. This will cause an air pocked to form on the head and can cause vapor lock. sometimes running without the radiator cap can burp this but the banshee should not need burped if hoses are all good to go.

Brandon

my jugs are bored 60 over and I am running the stock carbs with 380 main jets and the air/fuel mixture is perfect. The motor is running perfect in general but I am overheating in 15 minutes and its only 60 degrees out. I have the Toomey oversized radiator and the billet impellar and I am running engine ice in it. I also have a cool head in it with 20cc domes and the compression is good. I took it out for 15-20 minutes today and the antifreeze was boiling and averflowing all over the place. Any suggestions on what is happening here? Any help would be greaty appreciated

P.S. I justed flushed out the coolant system yesterday to get the old antifreeze out before I put in the engine ice. sprayed a hose down the radiator and the water pump and water was flowing out the other ends fine.

Thanks

Nate

Is it blowing alot of white smoke?If so it could be a oring.