good bolts?

HardIzZlE

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any 1 know where i can get a good clutch & stator covers bolts

If you're looking for a kit, I have no idea based on what everyone else has been saying. I will be in them arket for a full bike kit here soon and I'll let you know what I come up with. :thumbsup:

If you're looking for a kit, I have no idea based on what everyone else has been saying. I will be in them arket for a full bike kit here soon and I'll let you know what I come up with. :thumbsup:

k thx a lot man any left over bolts you wanna get rid of let me know i just dont wanna spend all that money for that kit if im only gonna use 20 bolts out of it

bansh-eman got his polished stainless kit from fastener guy...and was disappointed in their appearance.

They're not show quality polish, no doubt there.

But....they are also half the price from an alloyboltz kit...so, pick and choose!

If you're just looking for those bolts, hit your local hardware store. Before I bought my whole kit, that's where I got the bolts for my clutch and stator covers...

bansh-eman got his polished stainless kit from fastener guy...and was disappointed in their appearance.

They're not show quality polish, no doubt there.

Of course you are also talking about the same guy that started a thread on how to polish his cylinder base nuts. :mage:

I think they have gone downhill after the new owner. My alloybolts kit sucks balls. The bolts just stretch and wont toruqe and the nuts are a joke. I wouldnt give you a dime for an alloyboltz kit. I am chaning all my alloybolts out because they just get loose and make shit leak all the time. Stock is the safe bet for most bolts.

The bolt should have a grade on it. 8.8, 10.9 for metric or 2,5, or 8 witch are the same as the hash marks. From what I have seen alot of stainless quality bolts do vary. Anything from 18-8 to A-2 and diamonds with hashes but a quality bolt should have markings on the head instead of its size. I have seen bolts at ace hardware that had the size on it with thread count. A stainless bolt stretching is strange im thinking it has some aluminum alloy in it to give it the stainless look. A decent stainless bolt has around 40,000 tensil strength. Now if your looking for a bolt that you can polish and not rust iconel is a good bolt that is usally splined and has threaded open head that allows to screw a transducer into to measure its length while its being stretched. The machine to measure its value is expensive though.

Anything from 18-8 to A-2 and diamonds with hashes but a quality bolt should have markings on the head instead of its size. I have seen bolts at ace hardware that had the size on it with thread count. A stainless bolt stretching is strange im thinking it has some aluminum alloy in it to give it the stainless look. A decent stainless bolt has around 40,000 tensil strength. Now if your looking for a bolt that you can polish and not rust iconel is a good bolt that is usally splined and has threaded open head that allows to screw a transducer into to measure its length while its being stretched. The machine to measure its value is expensive though.

I have never seen bolts with their size printed on them. I am stopping at Ace Hardware on the way home tomorrow to see if I can find some. It should be good for a giggle or two at work.

I would hope that anything advertised as a stainless fastener would not have more than a trace of aluminum in it. Iconel, Titanium, or some grades of 300M are good fastener materials if you are going for the functional, but also show qulaity look. Torwue to yield Iconel fasteners aren't as common as they used to be, I am not sure that would stop me from using an Iconel fastener as long as it wasn't marked as torque to yield. :geek:

I personally am still a fan of the Boeing floor sweeping look. They might get a rust spot or two on them if they are made of steel, but they won't ever fail.

Since when did the alloyboltz dude die? i have the full polished SS kit from them, bought it a few years back. shits perfect and shiny!

It might have been last year. I don't have first hand knowledge. I am just repeating what I heard other on here say. :thumbsup:

We started assembly on my bros bike and I will say that the fastnerguy bolt kit is great. It is much better quality then the alloyboltz kit.