electrical problem

kawiking

my buddies shee stopped working last oct. during a ride at little sahara ok. we worked on it for 2 days.this is the problem. no spark !!! i bought him a wireing harness off e-bay,thought it was good ended up finding 11 splices in it. we will pull a spark plug out and ground it on the head,kick it and it will light you up.then nothing!!!! mess with it for awhile kick it and get a spark,then nothing. i put my coil on it,plugged up my extra cdi and the same thing.we'll get 1 good spark and then nothing. hope you can help because this is driving us crazy.

flywheel???? boy,that would be sweet if it is. i just got a extra flywheel in the mail today. how does a flywheel go out?? not sure if i said,he was riding his shee at the time,clutch cable was ready to bust so he shut it down. and it never ran again.ran good till he shut it down. the day before he did mess up his stator some how,flywheel may have hit it.he put a new stator on and rood it 5 min,clutch cable..... turned off and hasnt ran since.

I have had similar problem with used shee my friend bought. previous owner put an adjustable timing plate on , never impacted the flywheel rite and it spun shearing the wooddrift key. It would spark when the crank would hit the right spot and catch.I would check it . F.A.S.T. racing sells the puller for $13

Ya this actually happened to me yesterday at little sahara also,(had to be towed by a yfz450 the whole way back) i think this may be the same problem, i was riding my banshee for about 2 hours and then i shut it off. then started it back up and then it died after about 5 seconds. wouldn't start after that. it is still getting a spark because we pulled one to see if it was and its still sparking. it just wont fire up. it will spark and fire maybe once or so because when i kick their is exhaust coming out just wont stay running.

Ya this actually happened to me yesterday at little sahara also,(had to be towed by a yfz450 the whole way back) i think this may be the same problem, i was riding my banshee for about 2 hours and then i shut it off. then started it back up and then it died after about 5 seconds. wouldn't start after that. it is still getting a spark because we pulled one to see if it was and its still sparking. it just wont fire up. it will spark and fire maybe once or so because when i kick their is exhaust coming out just wont stay running.

It sounds like a sheared flywheel key. If you know how it works you can pull the plugs out and set them on the head. Use the kick starter and crank it over by hand when you hear the pistons get to tdc and you hear the air rush out you should see a spark. If its sparking any other time the key is sheared. Mine did the same thing two years ago. If you do have to replace the key, make sure you lap the flywheel back to the crankshaft or it will do it again.

lap the flywheel ????

Put lapping compound on the end of the crank and lap the flywheel in. When they shear the keys, they can get imperfections between them and the crank. This will cause the flywheel to not fully seat to the crank and it can shake loose.