beverly sand dunes

RoostRocket

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks firehead I figured id bring paddles just incase but im not riding the shee cuz its in the shop :down: . if your ever back up this way pm me so we can ride. I always have a spare bike :biggrin:

There is a fair chance that I may be moving back up that direction (Portland, OR) in the near future. I miss Moses Lake a little bit. It was always cool to go out there on a big weekend, camp on a dune next to the water, and pull a boat up on the shore. Moses is also the only place that I have ever been where I had one of the fastest bikes in the area. :biggrin:

Other than being really rough, Beverly seems to attract quite a high concentration of idiots (the kind that can't ride very well and run into things).

IM going out to beverly sand dunes tomorrow and I have a feeling i am going to be dissapointed :sad: . I have ridden sand all my life but these just dont sound fun anyone ever hear about them there in eastern washington. thanks guys. :confused:

Beverly is small and dusty, but its an ok place to ride for a few hours. Juniper Dunes down in Pasco is way more fun, and not as dirty.

Juniper Maps.

Edited by Snopczynski

yeah I just got back last night and it was a cool LITTLE place to ride but very dusty. ill have to check out juniper dunes and I also want to go to moses lake and check that out. cool place to ride but the hillbily ass cops out there had their panies in a bunch... :down:

Beverly is small and dusty, but its an ok place to ride for a few hours. Juniper Dunes down in Pasco is way more fun, and not as dirty.

Juniper Maps.

Wow! i lived in WA for 22 years and no one ever told me about that place. I even have some extended family that lives in Pasco, whom I know I have talked to about ATV's and they never said a dman thing about it. I am actually a little bit upset about that. :mad:

yeah I just got back last night and it was a cool LITTLE place to ride but very dusty. ill have to check out juniper dunes and I also want to go to moses lake and check that out. cool place to ride but the hillbily ass cops out there had their panies in a bunch... :down:

Moses lake is fantastic as far as dunes in WA go. The big weekends are alot of fun, but a few people always wind up getting killed. The sand in Moses is a bit differet that other places because it was a dumping place for the ash from Mt St. Helens when it was cleaned up after the eruption. Plus, Moses is an actual dune are that is very large compared to Beverly. I never really considered Beverly a dune are because the ratio of sand to dirt and rocks is pretty low. :confused:

Wow! i lived in WA for 22 years and no one ever told me about that place. I even have some extended family that lives in Pasco, whom I know I have talked to about ATV's and they never said a dman thing about it. I am actually a little bit upset about that. :mad:

they probably didn't mention it because it keeps getting closed down. the a--hole that owns the road out to the dunes kept closing it. but now i guess they have paved the road out there. hopefully i will be able to ride out there soon.

they probably didn't mention it because it keeps getting closed down. the a--hole that owns the road out to the dunes kept closing it. but now i guess they have paved the road out there. hopefully i will be able to ride out there soon.

Make sure to take some pictures of the place. I am anxious to see what it looks like. :thumbsup:

My neighbor used to live in Walla Walla and said he has been there a bunch. He said its not as big as sand lake, but its nice Sand like down in Oregon. I am not sure they paved the road, all the recent info I had on it above was in the "juniper maps" link. The farmers name was Steve Deruyter of 5D Farms. I have actually talked on the phone with him, hes a nice guy. He was just sick of people tearing up his crops, harrassing his cattle and trying to use the phone and bathroom at his house.

My neighbor used to live in Walla Walla and said he has been there a bunch. He said its not as big as sand lake, but its nice Sand like down in Oregon. I am not sure they paved the road, all the recent info I had on it above was in the "juniper maps" link. The farmers name was Steve Deruyter of 5D Farms. I have actually talked on the phone with him, hes a nice guy. He was just sick of people tearing up his crops, harrassing his cattle and trying to use the phone and bathroom at his house.

I can undertand the land owner's position. I don't know what it is about Washington, but the dune areas there seem to attract a much higher percentage of idiots then California or Oregon. :confused:

yeah the cops out there said they keep closing down little by little and its only 300 acres. I do want to go to moses does it have razor backs? and my friends were taking pictures so ill see if i can get them. Im taking the shee up there in a few weeks and ill definetly get pics then :thumbsup:. besides I was on the four poke and cant show you guys cuz its embarrassing :shrug:

yeah the cops out there said they keep closing down little by little and its only 300 acres. I do want to go to moses does it have razor backs? and my friends were taking pictures so ill see if i can get them. Im taking the shee up there in a few weeks and ill definetly get pics then :thumbsup:. besides I was on the four poke and cant show you guys cuz its embarrassing :shrug:

Moses lake doesn't usually get a dunes that are large enough to grow dangerous razor backs. I mean there are some, but nothing that will kill you. The dunes there are more like four sided table top jumps than anything else. On a busy weekend or if they have had rain there the week before the sand will get really chopped up.

• 1 month later...

I live in pasco, 20 min from juniper. i've been to sand lake, beverley, and moses lake. juniper is best for me. theres plenty of jumps, theres one big bowl, one decent bowl, theres three decent dunes way bigger than the ones at moses and steeper than the ones at sand lake, you can jump, ride trails and drag. the only problem is the road after the farmers road... its whoops for about a mile. p.s. the city paid the farmer for the use of his road so its open now.