Trinity 2 into 1 carb

Bandit

When i pull the choke to start it, it starts on first kick but i have to kill the choke in about 5 sec cause the idle go so high. When i kill the choke it idles fine. But when i run out the rpm's between gears, it falls on its face right before the top of powerband.

what size carb is it? I had the trinity 2into1 33pwk, i was at a 47-49 pilot, depending on weather, needle in the 3rd clip, i think it was an eek needle, and a 185 main. In case it is a 33pwk that was my jetting.

You could still be lean, or have an air leak causing the RPM's to jump

The only thing I have different than you is a coolhead and mine is doing the same thing. I have a 172 main and a 52 pilot, I am to rich,plugs are black.Going to order a couple smaller mains and pilots and rejet when the wether warms up a little.

the main is a #158 dont know the pilot. I cant get it out. the only mods are FMF fattys and K&n filter no snorkle and vent holes in lid.It falls out at the top of powerband right before you shift gears.

That sounds really lean on the main. It's been a long time ago since I had stock cylinders and T5s but I think I remember running a main size in the 180s I believe...180-185 maybe. 158 just sounds really lean.