Any San Diego Riders Want To Start A Riding Forum?

jayzx10r

Ocotillo is were i go the most and my bike shows it... anyways i have a jacked worked sch too.. i work the swing shift but i can take any day off to go rideing.. i wanted to make a sand dam run before the end of the season before it gets too hot. And have you ever gone out to the north end of pole line and camped out there? pretty close to the 81 i think

On the Right...I huck a Right turn at the Arco station, go down the road just to where it widens out and park there. It is a perfect place to drop in at....

The area by the prison is pretty flat so I've never ridden there...but I've flown my hang glider from the mountain peak there...there is a pretty cool launch back there with a great LZ!! (Landing Zone)

BTW: When will your quad be back online?

it will be a while until my bikes back up... but i take my wifes 450 out there almost every weekend to go ride...

it will be a while until my bikes back up... but i take my wifes 450 out there almost every weekend to go ride...

Maybe we will connect up and ride out there... That area is my summer riding zone and the sand tire comes off my dirt bike after April 15 when I get back from Gordon's so I'll be set afther that. I can't ride my 'shee in the dirt until I come up with another set of tires but the YZ is up for it.

I'm always up for a ride...

Jay From SanD.

Maybe we will connect up and ride out there... That area is my summer riding zone and the sand tire comes off my dirt bike after April 15 when I get back from Gordon's so I'll be set afther that. I can't ride my 'shee in the dirt until I come up with another set of tires but the YZ is up for it.

I'm always up for a ride...

Jay From SanD.

hey jay a group of us are rollin out to ocotillo this weekend, im pretty sure we will be off county line is you wanna roll, i think we might hit up the sand dam... long ride but worth it

hey jay a group of us are rollin out to ocotillo this weekend, im pretty sure we will be off county line is you wanna roll, i think we might hit up the sand dam... long ride but worth it

I'm gonna hit Glamis this weekend (6-8April) and and Gordon's next weekend (13-15th)...otherwise, I'd be up for it. You are welcome to meet up out there, even if you are just doing a day run...

I've been to Ocotillo one time only, and as I recall it was mostly dirt except for 1 sand hill so are you going there for the sand or dirt?

Do you ever ride at Ocotillo Wells off the 78 near Borrego Springs? I usually either hit the "mud hills" on the south side or park at pole line road. Probably my favorite dirt desert area.

When it comes to dirt, I don't have a set of wheels/tires for my 'shee yet (I am looking), but I do have a YZ250!! :yelrotflmao: Are all of you on quads or also some bikes?

Thanks for the offer...for sure another time. I'm (almost) always ready to ride!!

Let me know if you decide to day run Glamis and I'll shoot you my cell#.

Jay From SanD.

Edited by jayzx750

• 2 weeks later...
Thinking of hitting Buttercup on the 21st...Saturday. Anyone going out that way for the weekend?

Jay From SanD.

I am going to Gordon's agian this weekend. I will be leaving tomorrow afternoon/night. We should definetly meet up out there. This will be my last trip for awhile until the night races start out at Glamis. Let me know if you want to meet up. There should be about 5 quads and a dirt bike in our group. If we don't talk, look for a blue/white banshee, a black banshee w/full bores, a silver ex400 and a red CRF450 at the hill. Later!

Edited by bansheeryder21

Hey Jay! I had a good time in the deset with you this weekend! We'll have to do it agian some time. Your banshee is pretty fast! So what are the coordinates on google earth for the black canyon water hole you were talking about? I wanted to find it on google earth.

Hey there Elisha...I had a GREAT TIME too!! Thanks for the invite. I got a flat on one of my haulers on Sunday...thats why I didn't take my Banshee out on that last Sunday ride...I'm glad I brought my YZ250!!

Just to bring everyone up to speed, I told Elisha about a bitchin' swimming hole in San Diego while we were out riding at Gordon's that is just outside of Ramona and thought I'd post the info for anyone else that wanted to go over the summer. Festive atmosphere, some shade, kid friendly...even for toddlers, 3 different height cliffs to jump from into an awesome waterfall fed "punchbowl" that has been carved out of solid granite rock. Go once and you will go again!! :thumbsup:

DO NOT BRING GLASS!!! Bring plenty of beer though...

So here are the Google Earth Coodinates for Black Canyon:

33*07'51.15N

116*47'47.92W

This coodinate puts you on the small rock in the swimming hole. You have a good view if you check it from 2200'.

It is an easy drive in a car or truck.

Take the 67 through Ramona

Left on Magnolia...it will turn into Black Mountain Road and into a dirt road.

You will go up, over, then waay down the mountain ridge to the stream.

Left at the bridge. Follow the road to the Left...over the bridge.

The road narrows and has a bit of asphalt and a few blind corners (use your horn) and the punchbowl will be on your Left side...maybe 1/2-3/4 mi from the bridge

Continue forward a bit (maybe 100 yards), you will see where the road widens...park there.

Walk back until you see the bowl, it doesn't really matter which trail you take...they all lead to the same place!!

As long as you stay on the main road you will get there easily. Any of the side roads you see on Goggle Earth are obvious secondary roads so you won't have a problem.

When you leave, an easier way to leave...

As soon as you cross the bridge, go Left.

Right at the end...stay on this road (Sutherland Dam Lake Rd) until it runs into 67.

R on 67 back to SanD.

There are trash cans where you parked so >>PLEASE<<haul out your trash!! :thanks:

Have Fun!!

Jay.

Edited by jayzx750

Hey there Elisha...I had a GREAT TIME too!! Thanks for the invite. I got a flat on one of my haulers on Sunday...thats why I didn't take my Banshee out on that last Sunday ride...I'm glad I brought my YZ250!!

Just to bring everyone up to speed, I told Elisha about a bitchin' swimming hole in San Diego while we were out riding at Gordon's that is just outside of Ramona and thought I'd post the info for anyone else that wanted to go over the summer. Festive atmosphere, some shade, kid friendly...even for toddlers, 3 different height cliffs to jump from into an awesome waterfall fed "punchbowl" that has been carved out of solid granite rock. Go once and you will go again!! :thumbsup:

DO NOT BRING GLASS!!! Bring plenty of beer though...

So here are the Google Earth Coodinates for Black Canyon:

33*07'51.15N

116*47'47.92W

This coodinate puts you on the small rock in the swimming hole. You have a good view if you check it from 2200'.

It is an easy drive in a car or truck.

Take the 67 through Ramona

Left on Magnolia...it will turn into Black Mountain Road and into a dirt road.

You will go up, over, then waay down the mountain ridge to the stream.

Left at the bridge. Follow the road to the Left...over the bridge.

The road narrows and has a bit of asphalt and a few blind corners (use your horn) and the punchbowl will be on your Left side...maybe 1/2-3/4 mi from the bridge

Continue forward a bit (maybe 100 yards), you will see where the road widens...park there.

Walk back until you see the bowl, it doesn't really matter which trail you take...they all lead to the same place!!

As long as you stay on the main road you will get there easily. Any of the side roads you see on Goggle Earth are obvious secondary roads so you won't have a problem.

When you leave, an easier way to leave...

As soon as you cross the bridge, go Left.

Right at the end...stay on this road (Sutherland Dam Lake Rd) until it runs into 67.

R on 67 back to SanD.

There are trash cans where you parked so >>PLEASE<<haul out your trash!! :thanks:

Have Fun!!

Jay.

damn I never knew that was out there!........my dog would love that place.........My dog and I will deff hit that when it gets hot........peace

Edited by Polish

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...