UM Pro Peg Nerf Bars

supercoop

Can anyone tell me if the UM Pro Peg Nerf Bars are any good for the banshee. What is the quality like? What are they like compared to AC ones?

NBY10.jpg

I bought these about 3 months ago. I had several problems installing them. The fit was way less than perfect! I was disappointed that I spent so much ($220) and the fit needed some modifications to make it work on my banshee. I had to bend the upper tube by about 1/2 inch to even make it fit. Once that was done the nerf bar was about 1 1/2 inch off on the supplied pegs. I tried everything and short of returning them (which I couldn't since I ebayed them) I decided to mod it to make it work. They didn

I went and took some photos so you can tell what I'm talking about. In this photo you will see the nerf bar is not fully pressed up against the foot peg. It's as close as I could get it without re-tig welding the mounting tab. The bolt that is there holding the nerf bar on is something I had to go buy from the local hardware store. It didn't come with the nerf bars.

post-24248-1172392254.jpg

I have got got a set of them and had no problems at all they fitted like a glove. if you have that much trouble mounting them maybe your frame is twisted

dsc02949zh5.jpg

That is for sure a possibility but when they didn't fit that was the first thing that I tried to check. It measures straight. I'm hoping that it was just the ebay sale of the nerf bars. Like I said, I'm hoping that it was just me but they didn't come with all the hardware and I know they were out of wack when I got them. It's just FYI for others that are buying them. Consider it one data point at best.

strange things do happen i have read i few post on here about different items some say they fit perfect some say they dont fit. (bumpers especially). i wasnt having a go at you mate. just giving a 2nd opinion.

also were they 2nd hand when you brought them?

Edited by pokeatyou2

strange things do happen i have read i few post on here about different items some say they fit perfect some say they dont fit. (bumpers especially). i wasnt having a go at you mate. just giving a 2nd opinion.

also were they 2nd hand when you brought them?

Oh, no offence taken. Second and third opinions are what we are on this forum for. Your point was valid and something that I considered myself.

The nerf bars were new when I got them. They came in a large UM box with a smaller UM box inside of that which had the pegs and mounting hardware. It was difficult to say if the smaller box inside was just some thrown together hardware with the pegs or if it was supposed to be what came with the nerf bars. The plastic bag in that unsealed smaller box was ripped open at the seam but that could have been though shipping. The inventory of bolts were all there and it wasn't until I tired to actually mount them that I found the ones intended to secure the nerfs to the pegs were the wrong size.