Leaking gas

Liftedbronco

Ive been having alot of trouble getting my jetting right latley and I think im closer to the problem.

First, it seels like the main jet is controlling too much of the idle fuel curve. Its like my pilots do nothing. By that I mean the mixture screws dont do a thing when I adjust them in/out whatever. The choke also seems to have little effect on how it runs. It smokes alot at idle but when I run it wide open alot it definitley goes lean and overheats to the point I fowl a plug.

So Im thinking maybe the needles arent sealing the mains shut at idle like they should be.

I dont know if this is normal, but unless I shut my fuel off, the thing leaks gas (like a puddle will form in 5 minutes)

A little about the ride:

2004 banshee. Stock motor. 4 deg timing advance. No airbox, dual k&n cones. Stock carbs. 300 mains 27.5 pilots, stock needles in the middle position. FMF Fattie pipes and silencers. TORS removal kit. Its about 10 degrees outside at near sea level.

Would it be a good idea to just get PWK's? What size should I get?

Edited by Liftedbronco

Ive been having alot of trouble getting my jetting right latley and I think im closer to the problem.

First, it seels like the main jet is controlling too much of the idle fuel curve. Its like my pilots do nothing. By that I mean the mixture screws dont do a thing when I adjust them in/out whatever. The choke also seems to have little effect on how it runs. It smokes alot at idle but when I run it wide open alot it definitley goes lean and overheats to the point I fowl a plug.

So Im thinking maybe the needles arent sealing the mains shut at idle like they should be.

I dont know if this is normal, but unless I shut my fuel off, the thing leaks gas (like a puddle will form in 5 minutes)

A little about the ride:

2004 banshee. Stock motor. 4 deg timing advance. No airbox, dual k&n cones. Stock carbs. 300 mains 27.5 pilots, stock needles in the middle position. FMF Fattie pipes and silencers. TORS removal kit. Its about 10 degrees outside at near sea level.

Would it be a good idea to just get PWK's? What size should I get?

You wouldbe better off fixing your stock carbs IMO. Your needle valves are obviously bad and causing you gas leak along with alot of your jetting issues. Pick up a couple carb rebuild kits from RMATV, then clean and rebuild your carbs. Let us know if that solves your problem.

If you are hell bent on new carbs then 28mm PWK's would be all that I recommend. :thumbsup: