Shearers on the way!

baddsheee

I will be going from T5's to Shearers. What would you guys reccommend on the mains? I am running 320-330 mains depends on weather, 32.5 pilots. Mods are in sig. I am running stock carbs, I know I need bigger carbs but one step at a time. When funds permit.

I know people have problems installing Shearers, what other hardware is added to install them properly?

Have you ordered them yet?I got mine from Jim at passion for 445 and the chrome was better than my CPI chrome no lie.Shipping was fast as hell to it go her in 3 days.I would give him a holler if you havent ordered them already :thumbsup:

I did get them from Passion. They shipped yesterday. He did my dune porting. I'm hoping the chrome looks good. So what do you guys think about jets? What size on the mains. Should I leave them or am I going to have to go up on them. If so, how many sizes?

Jim's port job must like a HUGE pilot, cause any other bike ported on Toomey pipes a 27.5 would be fine.

I would ask Jim what he suggests...but...I think you're making a bad choice with stock carbs and Shearer Pipes....

The dune port will pull them, you're getting a top end orientated pipe but choking that motor down with stock carbs.

I think 33PWK or 35PWK carbs are in your near future.

Yes, yes...I know it will run on stockers, but...just like T5 pipes and stock carbs on a cub, you're chocking the motor out. (This is from 100% experience, by the way, not heresay...)

Jim's port job must like a HUGE pilot, cause any other bike ported on Toomey pipes a 27.5 would be fine.

I would ask Jim what he suggests...but...I think you're making a bad choice with stock carbs and Shearer Pipes....

The dune port will pull them, you're getting a top end orientated pipe but choking that motor down with stock carbs.

I think 33PWK or 35PWK carbs are in your near future.

Yes, yes...I know it will run on stockers, but...just like T5 pipes and stock carbs on a cub, you're chocking the motor out. (This is from 100% experience, by the way, not heresay...)

I was thinking 33's, but if I can run 35's that's what I might lean towards next. Then I also need a longer swinger, then the compression needs to go higher, then a bigger crank, then the cub. :banghead: It never ends. Oh well!

I was thinking 33's, but if I can run 35's that's what I might lean towards next. Then I also need a longer swinger, then the compression needs to go higher, then a bigger crank, then the cub. :banghead: It never ends. Oh well!

You're telling me!! I went from stock motor w/ bolt ons to a 4 mil cub, now I'm going 10 mil on alky drag bike.

I HOPE I'm done for a while....but something tells me I'll be building a 16 or 20 mil Cheetah next year....LOL.

Ask Jim if he feels 33s or 35s will better suited for his porting and Shearer pipes. I'd say 35s...but...his call...

Jim shipped my Shearer's yesterday also. I've got his aggressive dune port, haven't got to ride it yet. I'm also switching from T-5's to Shearer's. I plan on running 33PWK's. The 35's would make more peak HP, but you would lose some throttle response/rideability. The 35's, IMO, could be sluggish and make the bike seem to "load up" riding the trails. The 33's are a good compromise of response/top end pull.

I'm also going from a -2" swinger to a +2" and some padla brats. Should be fun!