DEAD END RACING

401cc plus stock and 401cc plus modified. You can have no more than pipe and jets to be able to run in the stock class. N motions badass 4 stroke was there but Andy Meeks bike with M&M atv took home 1st in the outlaw

Did anybody get any video???

Had a good time everything went pretty well. If if had any complaints it would still be the structure of the classes. Not sure why you guys have engine size classes for the 4 strokes but modification limiting classes for the two strokes...I know its difficult to please everybody but lets at least be fair and im not upset in anyway cause it makes no difference to my entry but it just seems wierd that 4 mills can race 350's and 350's have to race 4mills because of the type of cylinder. From my point of view and keep in mind it makes no difference to me, you let 400 4strokes race 400 4strokes and 401 and up race 401 and up but 2 strokes are monitored by what type and how many modifications they have???

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anybody get any video???

Had a good time everything went pretty well. If if had any complaints it would still be the structure of the classes. Not sure why you guys have engine size classes for the 4 strokes but modification limiting classes for the two strokes...I know its difficult to please everybody but lets at least be fair and im not upset in anyway cause it makes no difference to my entry but it just seems wierd that 4 mills can race 350's and 350's have to race 4mills because of the type of cylinder. From my point of view and keep in mind it makes no difference to me, you let 400 4strokes race 400 4strokes and 401 and up race 401 and up but 2 strokes are monitored by what type and how many modifications they have???

Well we do have two classes for the 401 cc and up 4strokes the stock class which can have no more than pipes, jets, and filter. Than there is the modified, we did this to try and break it up because there is quite a bit of difference between a stock bike or even one with pipe and jets, and one with all the cam mods pistons, and head work. All we have been doing is try to be as fair as possible but it is hard to do without breaking them up so much there is only two or 3 bikes in each class. From talking to several people it seems that is what we would have to do to make everyone happy, and I guarantee someone would still not like it. I see the point on the banshees but look at the bike that one the super modified it was almost a true stock bike except for port work, hell it even has the toros on it on the stock carbs. We jsut tried to keep things true to the class names. There are many variables and opinions to look at for drag racing. In my true opinion drag racing is drag racing the biggest wallet wins and we could just run 2 stroke vs 2 stroke and 4 stroke vs 4 stroke. The biggest issue we are dealing with is that we do not have 200 or 300 bike showing up to these things yet, we have guys dragracing and then changing tires and running the same bike in the shodeo. We are hoping the drags will keep getting bigger and bigger and then we can run them more professionally but right now we have to try and cater to pros and farmers and everyone inbetween. This is jsut our second season and we started from absolute ground zero last summer, but with the support of our contestants, spectators, and great sponsors things will get bigger and better every event. Thanks for the input we do take all of it into concideration. We changed the classes several times last season trying to iron things out. What they are set at now is what they will be all season, we don't want to be changing all season again because people wont know what to expect each time they show up :thumbsup:

ok cool.....

Was the nmotion bike in the modified class or outlaw class??

Also what kind of fuel's are allowed in the modified??

I have to 114octaine fuel for my comp piston....is that ok?

Also what about swinger's weight reduction ect...

Sorry for all the ??'s but i know it's a new year..which some time's mean's new rule's...

thanks bobby

So any thing on mine ?

Well we do have two classes for the 401 cc and up 4strokes the stock class which can have no more than pipes, jets, and filter. Than there is the modified, we did this to try and break it up because there is quite a bit of difference between a stock bike or even one with pipe and jets, and one with all the cam mods pistons, and head work. All we have been doing is try to be as fair as possible but it is hard to do without breaking them up so much there is only two or 3 bikes in each class. From talking to several people it seems that is what we would have to do to make everyone happy, and I guarantee someone would still not like it. I see the point on the banshees but look at the bike that one the super modified it was almost a true stock bike except for port work, hell it even has the toros on it on the stock carbs. We jsut tried to keep things true to the class names. There are many variables and opinions to look at for drag racing. In my true opinion drag racing is drag racing the biggest wallet wins and we could just run 2 stroke vs 2 stroke and 4 stroke vs 4 stroke. The biggest issue we are dealing with is that we do not have 200 or 300 bike showing up to these things yet, we have guys dragracing and then changing tires and running the same bike in the shodeo. We are hoping the drags will keep getting bigger and bigger and then we can run them more professionally but right now we have to try and cater to pros and farmers and everyone inbetween. This is jsut our second season and we started from absolute ground zero last summer, but with the support of our contestants, spectators, and great sponsors things will get bigger and better every event. Thanks for the input we do take all of it into concideration. We changed the classes several times last season trying to iron things out. What they are set at now is what they will be all season, we don't want to be changing all season again because people wont know what to expect each time they show up :thumbsup:

Dont get me wrong, im not unhappy i won every class i entered but i still dont understand what is so difficult about this. Your trying to cater to people and thats not what racing is about. If i show up with the fastest 350 and i have my setup correct (tires,suspension,fuel,air,rider) then i should win, correct?? I just think that your definition of fair and mine are different, I think you are looking at fair as "your bike is fast so you go up a class, and yours is slow so you go down a class" I cant speak for you but i have been to the major events in the industry and i know how they work and they do not do it this way. I just think that the classes being broke up this way makes it seem like you guys are catering to the slow bikes and singleing out the fast ones. Further more you are contridicting yourself by saying that the guy with the most money in his bike will win then in the same breathe saying that the super modified class was almost won by a stock bike with the T.O.R.S. (not toros) on it which for your information has no bearing on the performance of the bike what so ever. Racing is not about how much money you have, dont get me wrong it takes money to go fast but setup is key and rider is everything, its a whole package, making it all work together. I guess what im saying is that 2 of the 3 bikes that placed in the Super modified class were 4 mills...makes since huh...All im saying is that all the guys that are racing with 4 mills in the 350 class have an advantage that isnt fair. And then there are bikes that are 350 cubs and im talking true 350's that have to step up and race 4mills...why??? Trust me ive seen a lot of bikes and cubs are very impressive but dont think for a second that you cant make a stock cylinder run if i recall last year the 350 class at the planetsand race was won by a 350 stock cylinder I know because me and calvin tore it down to prove to the rest of the field that it was indeed a 350. What i am saying is that if you decide to build a 4 mill money is not that much different from wanting a stock cylinder to a cub...trust me a cub retails for 875 pistons and ring 150, a stock cylinder in good shape will still bring a couple hundred to offset cost now compare this to a full drag port on a stock cylinder which can cost anywhere from 500-1000 dollars depending on the builder, you do the math, it isnt about money.

The nmotion bike was in both. Your bike would be classed in the 401cc plus modified.

Ok cool thanks.....hope to see you all next month

Dont get me wrong, im not unhappy i won every class i entered but i still dont understand what is so difficult about this. Your trying to cater to people and thats not what racing is about. If i show up with the fastest 350 and i have my setup correct (tires,suspension,fuel,air,rider) then i should win, correct?? I just think that your definition of fair and mine are different, I think you are looking at fair as "your bike is fast so you go up a class, and yours is slow so you go down a class" I cant speak for you but i have been to the major events in the industry and i know how they work and they do not do it this way. I just think that the classes being broke up this way makes it seem like you guys are catering to the slow bikes and singleing out the fast ones. Further more you are contridicting yourself by saying that the guy with the most money in his bike will win then in the same breathe saying that the super modified class was almost won by a stock bike with the T.O.R.S. (not toros) on it which for your information has no bearing on the performance of the bike what so ever. Racing is not about how much money you have, dont get me wrong it takes money to go fast but setup is key and rider is everything, its a whole package, making it all work together. I guess what im saying is that 2 of the 3 bikes that placed in the Super modified class were 4 mills...makes since huh...All im saying is that all the guys that are racing with 4 mills in the 350 class have an advantage that isnt fair. And then there are bikes that are 350 cubs and im talking true 350's that have to step up and race 4mills...why??? Trust me ive seen a lot of bikes and cubs are very impressive but dont think for a second that you cant make a stock cylinder run if i recall last year the 350 class at the planetsand race was won by a 350 stock cylinder I know because me and calvin tore it down to prove to the rest of the field that it was indeed a 350. What i am saying is that if you decide to build a 4 mill money is not that much different from wanting a stock cylinder to a cub...trust me a cub retails for 875 pistons and ring 150, a stock cylinder in good shape will still bring a couple hundred to offset cost now compare this to a full drag port on a stock cylinder which can cost anywhere from 500-1000 dollars depending on the builder, you do the math, it isnt about money.

Well we will just have to see how the season goes, all suggestions will be heard and thought over and if changes are needed for next year than they will be made. Our main concern is that everyone comes out and has a great time with great people who all share the love of ridding quads. This subject will always be a debate so we will just have to take it as it comes. Thanks to you for coming out and being a sponsor

dont get me wrong andy, but I am glad the deadend racers are sticking with there rules for the season. It seems like alot of places change from week to week and that sucks.. I agree the 350 cubs should be able to run that class also. it should be 4 mills and under no matter what cubs or stockers.... just my .02

dont get me wrong andy, but I am glad the deadend racers are sticking with there rules for the season. It seems like alot of places change from week to week and that sucks.. I agree the 350 cubs should be able to run that class also. it should be 4 mills and under no matter what cubs or stockers.... just my .02

Thaks, We have never claimed to be pros or hotshots, just trying to provide an outlet for our fellow quaders that is not found really anywhere close to our home town or really in the 4 state area. Something we can all look forward to every month and have a good time. :shrug: :wacko:

I agree to that sticking to the rules is a good thing this way people dont mod there bike to be the best in there class and then the class changes like last year. And im glad you guys are doing this thats why im supportive, hence my sponsership, and i will continue to help as much as i can. Just voicing my opinion on the classes just as i did before the classes were made...

as long as we all have fun while kinks get worked out we will be able to make things better as we go. I personaly think that the rider of the machine is 80% of what wins. I was turning in good times in the shodeo and i had both my chokes on (dumbass me), so my bike wasnt up to par by no means. as far as drag racing goes i would like to have just drags somday where each of us can race bikes that are set up the same,then it comes down to rider, but when a stock bike out runs a 4mill the braggin rights are awsome for the day. if a 4mill out runs a stock bike everyone thinks it should be that way and braggin isnt as much fun. As comments are made i beleave we will take everything into consideration and make adjustments the next season, so please everyone let us know how you feel and why you feel that way. our main goal in this is to attempt to make everyone happy and have them come to our event to have a good time on quads,

thanks to all that attended and hope to see you next time. Dustin Foust

Edited by metricmaster

I had a good time. I gained alot of experience going to this race. I have never been to anything like it b4 and I made some mistakes. I raced drew on my first race (deadendracer1) and I jumped a lil bit cause i thought the next light was gunna be a green and it was a yellow and by the time i settled back down I was way late getting off the line and he killed me. then the next race I beat with ease . And my third race I raced a guy and KILLED him off the line I just knew I was gunna kill this guy then I shifted into 2nd and about to go into third when my transmission slipped outta gear and that was the end of that the guy passed b4 I could get it back into the right gear and that was my last chance. I have a better understanding of how these things are gunna work now. I cant waite for the next one either cause im entering into the super stock and the super modified just so I can race some more. I know my bike is fast enough to win I just need to get myself fast enough to win. Also by the next race I will be 15 pounds lighter and that will help and by the next one after that I will be 25 pounds lighter. That right there should help quite a bit.

Edited by trueraiderfan

lol. I know a few guys that have done the weight loss thing to make them faster in the drags. it does make a difference but that would be to much for me to do. kudos to you guys that stick with it and hope it helps you win some races.

I had a good time. I gained alot of experience going to this race. I have never been to anything like it b4 and I made some mistakes. I raced drew on my first race (deadendracer1) and I jumped a lil bit cause i thought the next light was gunna be a green and it was a yellow and by the time i settled back down I was way late getting off the line and he killed me. then the next race I beat with ease . And my third race I raced a guy and KILLED him off the line I just knew I was gunna kill this guy then I shifted into 2nd and about to go into third when my transmission slipped outta gear and that was the end of that the guy passed b4 I could get it back into the right gear and that was my last chance. I have a better understanding of how these things are gunna work now. I cant waite for the next one either cause im entering into the super stock and the super modified just so I can race some more. I know my bike is fast enough to win I just need to get myself fast enough to win. Also by the next race I will be 15 pounds lighter and that will help and by the next one after that I will be 25 pounds lighter. That right there should help quite a bit.

That right there is the kind of response we are looking for and hope to produce. Things will grow, and only get bigger and better. Look for the new flyer post most likely on monday or tuesday, will have dates as soon as we can get them all booked with the city

Well deadendracer1 the bike that won the super stock class was a 4 mill ported bike (K&T bike). A stock stroke bike didnt win the class. It was a 4 mill that won it. As far as the 4 mills go they should not get to race in the stock stroke class. It is unfair to all the guys that dont want to step up to a 4 mill. Even if the classes never change i dont care but you should not be racing against a stock stroke bike ever. But you have set the class so that you can place and that is fine if that is the only way you can do it. Anyways i had a good time and hope to see everyone at the next race. Maybe metricmaster will get his chokes figured out. LOL