shaving stock head

nwa rider

I am wondering how much you can shave with a stock crank and be safe. Also where is a good place to get this done. I have searched on here and it seems that .030 is about right. I have learned that to much compression is not good for having a stock crank. Im about 1500' elev. Have t-6s, no airbox (pods), +4 timing, lightened flywheel. I also dont mind running race fuel. Any help would be appreciated.

it depends on how hard you are on the engine. you can twist a stock crank with an oem head if you try stupid shit like 3rd gear clutch drops on asphalt.

then again you could probably get by with 20 or 19cc domes on dirt if you are easy on it.

so it "depends".

it depends on how hard you are on the engine. you can twist a stock crank with an oem head if you try stupid shit like 3rd gear clutch drops on asphalt.

then again you could probably get by with 20 or 19cc domes on dirt if you are easy on it.

so it "depends".

Fine point indeed.

Also... keep your T6 pipes unless you pull the top end off and get some aggressive porting, they actually work better with a STOCK port than T5s do....

I mostly ride in the sand. Not to say that I wont take a rip down a dirt road every now and then though. I never planned on getting any port work done, but I think I have caught the sickness of more power. When I do get it done Im pretty sure it will be from FAST. Sounds like they are the best to deal with, and do some damn good work. I would like to get a cool head but kinda low on funds right now, so I will just mill the stocker until then.

• 1 year later...