FMF FATTYS OR GNARLEYS

I AM LOOKING TO BUY A NEW SET OF PIPES FOR MY SHEE, I MOSTLY RIDE TRAILS AND CLIMB SOME HILLS. I DONT KNOW WHICH SET TO GO WITH, FMF FATTYS OR GNARLEYS, WHAT IS THE BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO? AND WHAT DO YOU PREFER!!!

THANKS!

The fatty's are more of a mid to topend pipe where the gnarlies are better for low end to mid power..For your type of riding. Go w/ the gnarlies, hands down...If you can afford them, get the PTR mids, they have more bottom end w/ the same top end as the fatties.

i am riding wiht the gnalrys and i love them. i do alot MX style riding since there arent any places to drag around here. you will like them. and just because they are a low to mid pipe dont mean that you cant drag race with them. i have been noticing from people that since a pipe is meant for low endpower that they think they cant drag with them. not true. you can do whatever you want with them it just makes a diffrence where your power comes in is all. im still out running craptors and such wiht my gnarlys and i freagin love it. got any more questions just shoot me a message

i am riding wiht the gnalrys and i love them. i do alot MX style riding since there arent any places to drag around here. you will like them. and just because they are a low to mid pipe dont mean that you cant drag race with them. i have been noticing from people that since a pipe is meant for low endpower that they think they cant drag with them. not true. you can do whatever you want with them it just makes a diffrence where your power comes in is all. im still out running craptors and such wiht my gnarlys and i freagin love it. got any more questions just shoot me a message

He is spot on....I ran just ptr mids and high compression head for 5 years and never lost a local race in a dragrace in 500'. I was beating 370R's, 450R, other shees even w/ porting...The low-mid pipes emphasize the power at lower rpms. You'll just have to learn to short shift and use the torque instead of revving the hell out of it to get power. Where you lose on one end, you'll gain on the other...you can't beat low end pipes out of the hole. :thumbsup:

Ps: how did the a-arms fare on that crash?? :unsure:

Edited by Banchetta

The only thing that happened in that crash was the front tire blew the bead off the rim and my brand freagin new trail tech lights on the handlebars got all busted to shit. I jsut put them on about an hour before that wreck. I also had a pretty nasty rasberry on my leg but thats all. It ended rolling like 4 times. I checked every thing over and gave it one kick and it fired right up. Got to love those blasters. lol. Ill see if i cant find the video of that crash and post it. LOL whats funny about the whole thing is right before i wrecked i said " Ok one more time, yall watch this." famous last words i got away with.