Hydralic clutch

i have a 96 banshee and i just put new clutches in it. It is pretty hard to pull the lever and it has problems going into the gears under power(if i power shift). i have done adjusting on it, but i can't get it right, what could be the problem? and should i go with a hydaulic clutch? what your alls opinions on them? thanks Dustin

Not sure about your shifting problems, but from first hand experience with both the hydraulic clutch lever, and an easy pull lever on the same motor with all HD springs, I would go with the easy pull lever over a hydraulic. My slave cylinder failed after about a year so I went with the easy pull and it feels the same as the hydraulic for a fraction of the cost.

I had the Magura hydro cluch for a while. Then it failed. Then I got rid of it. The cylinder won't hold up with heavy springs..the mounting of it is crude at best. Now my cluch pull was buttery smooth! However, the cylinder developed a leak and lost pressure and I couldn't use my cluch. A new cylinder cost about as much as a whole new kit and it was much cheaper to go back to a cable with an easy pull lever.

It's a cool gimmick..but it won't last under heavy abuse.

If you power shift a lot, the dogs on your gears are worn, the shift forks are made of aluminum and they slide in a steel cam...they wear rather easily. You should get new ones and then smooth the guides on your shift cam with a dremel. The shiter itself has an adjuster on it and you should check to make shure you get enough throw from the lever to turn the lugs on the shift star.

Edited by MotulMonsta