• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhhh, wheelies. :thumbsup:

Banshee is a little more difficult, then the 4-pokers, but hell thats what I learned on....Mods that help: -2 swingarm makes wheelies alot easier since they give you a lot more traction, consistent and predictable hookup as well as move the balance of the shee further back...You won't have to lift the front end as high to find the balance point... Great mod for any banshee w/ knobbie tires. Next mods will be to gear it up. The banshee has a violent power hit unless your running midrange pipes. Gear it up w/ a 15 tooth front sprocket, it'll help smoothen that power out. Good jetting also helps smoothen the power out so its not so violent...

Ok so thats shee mods, now for you. If you can learn to do a 5mph wheelie, then you can wheelie anything at any speed. The faster you wheelie the easier it is to wheelie since the power isn't so violent. I learned doing 4th gear wheelies and worked my way down. Slower wheelies are harder to do. When you are in a wheelie, just remember you only want to do small increments of the throttle. Whacking the throttle is ONLY necessary to get the front end up, once your there, you just want to feather the throttle lightly to maintain the wheelie. You get good enough and you will be abe to listen to the powerband sing at one rpm for miles. Just remember, lean back as far as possible, most people who try to wheelie the first time are up over the gas tank. They are not helping the shee at all. Lean back, you further your back, the less the shee has to come up. Your balance point will be 10:00 instead of 11:00. Good luck, there is no describing the balance point, It just take a lot of practice. I can ride wheelies forever and some people are amazed, but it wasn't always that easy. I bent a few a-arms and crashed hard quite a few times to learn, but once you got it, your golden. Now I ride wheelies on everything I ride. Streetbikes, dirtbikes,atv, snowmobiles, (shit, my diesel truck if I could get the front end up high enough) lol