Long Island

ny450

whats up guys,

wondering if anyone on here rides on long island. im from out east exit 71 l.i.e.. i ride the powerlines locally and trailor out to exit 56 when i get sundays off work. i see a ton of banshees out at 56, anyone from here ride there.? i will also be riding at island mx for 07 but i still enjoy freeriding. i ride an 05 trx450r but i love shees :biggrin:

little vids me and a buddy made.

we live down the street from this spot so we ride there.....if you park there the cops will be waiting for you in 5 minutes.

I go to 56 sometimes on sudays wit some people we usally park in the parking lot where everyone stunts, but always lookin for a new riding spot. I heard out by you there is some sick riding spots. I've been to a place out there that was pretty good. Its one exit passed willam floyd prkwy of the expressway then you head south once you hit the woods there is a turn around then there is a dirt rode going into the woods. I've been four wheeling at night there but never brang the quad bec. I dnt want to get my shit impounded, not sure if its safe. I thinks this spot is out where you live.

yeah i hear you man, ive seen a ton of spots that look like good riding but i dont want to risk getting my shit impounded. thats why im trying to find someone to ride with that knows the spot well. theres a few spots out east here that i've heard are pretty ill but like i said, i cant risk getting my shit impounded unless im with someone that knows the area.

does anyone know if 56 is rideable on saturdays or is it just sunday only? im trying to find somewhere to ride tommorow.

yeah i hear you man, ive seen a ton of spots that look like good riding but i dont want to risk getting my shit impounded. thats why im trying to find someone to ride with that knows the spot well. theres a few spots out east here that i've heard are pretty ill but like i said, i cant risk getting my shit impounded unless im with someone that knows the area.

does anyone know if 56 is rideable on saturdays or is it just sunday only? im trying to find somewhere to ride tommorow.

Yea saturdays are fine, I've even ridin there at night. The owner of the property doesn't care if people ride there. And if the cops do come, usally from people riding on the streets they just tell you to leave. been there a million times your shit will never get impounded, What town do live in, any other good spot you know of ?

im from riverhead. theres a place called levlons out in jamesport/mattituck area that used to be the spot to go. its on the beach and its like riding at dunes. big ass hill climbs and stuff. then the d.e.c and park police starting patrolling and before i knew it, the spot was blown. i didnt get to ride it but saw vids from it and it looked ill. if there was a place i could park, id risk it and hit it during a weekday but i drove out and couldnt find anywhere safe to park. supposidly theres a set of trails that run alongside the l.i.e. from 71 to god knows where, but again, theres no way i can get to them without road ridin pretty far. i wish i had a street legal dirtbike so i could check out all the spots by the street. east coast mines is also supposidly a pretty good spot to ride too but a group of guys i know went out there a few weekends ago and got chased out in 20 minutes.

ill be at 56 tommorow hoping to get there by 10:30-10:45 and ride for alittle bit.

black 450r with black rims

im from riverhead. theres a place called levlons out in jamesport/mattituck area that used to be the spot to go. its on the beach and its like riding at dunes. big ass hill climbs and stuff. then the d.e.c and park police starting patrolling and before i knew it, the spot was blown. i didnt get to ride it but saw vids from it and it looked ill. if there was a place i could park, id risk it and hit it during a weekday but i drove out and couldnt find anywhere safe to park. supposidly theres a set of trails that run alongside the l.i.e. from 71 to god knows where, but again, theres no way i can get to them without road ridin pretty far. i wish i had a street legal dirtbike so i could check out all the spots by the street. east coast mines is also supposidly a pretty good spot to ride too but a group of guys i know went out there a few weekends ago and got chased out in 20 minutes.

ill be at 56 tommorow hoping to get there by 10:30-10:45 and ride for alittle bit.

black 450r with black rims

That spot in mattituck sounds sick but your right unless you park at someones house nearby than your taking a big risk of being chased, getting tickets.

I heard of the place out by exit 71, I thinks that out by Calverton and I heard it goes all the way out east and even to the north shore. But your gona get chased by the DEC or some other chipmunk police because it state land and the pine barrens.You should read last weeks NEWSDAY, i think it was tuesday paper that had the front page on the "LI ATV problems". People complaining about land being destroyed, noise polution, Also " THEY SCARE ANIMALS AWAY ", thats the best one I've heard.

If fckin sucks that I have to trailer my shit 4-6 hrs in any of the tri state area and be able to ride without being chased, getting tickets, and or impounded. Like i said before if any1 knows of any good spots that aren't blown up I'm down for riding.

Edited by NY350twin

i live on long island , and i have some great spots , 1 is exit 68 , my brother live right behind the spot and we ride there all the time , sand pit with some big walls plenty of trails , anywhere you go on the weekend you are taking a chance on getting impounded , but it is ok when you dont park at the spot. we do alot of night riding and its alot of fun. i have been riding long island for alot of years and know all the spots , any body wants to ride let me know , shoot me a pm . its a little cold right now ,

east coast mines is another spot , it has a huge sand pit with 80 foot sand walls , and endless miles of trails , it is the best place to ride on long island , i also have some place to park near that spot , that spot is hot with the cops , they raid it all the time on the weekends , so we go there during the week or at night.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

anyone been ridin lately?

rode at 56 saturday with no trouble but i hear the cops are looking to crack down again....

ive been sticking to the local powerlines cause i cant afford an impound..

i was going to try the 112 spot but i heard they are still patrolling it tight......

i know 347 and hospital rd. had spots that i never got to try before the cops took over..you think they are still guarding them tight because i never see anyone at all in there anymore?

• 2 weeks later...
Looking for some place/person local (Suffolk) to ride with after work or on weekends. PM me if you're interested. Thanks.

i jus bought a 87 banshee im bout to go take it out to exit 56 on sunday and test it out i usually have a kfx 440 but im liking two strokes latley :-). you should get some people and come down.