A-arms/shocks

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a pair of LSR +2+1 Racing A-Arms silvervein. They wanted like 80 bucks or something for PC and they will be muddy anyway plus they look sweet as hell to me. Plus they are so damn strong. They are well worth the extra 150 some dollars over regular rec A-Arms. I cant believe there strength. Plus the Tie rods are extra strong the hemis are unbelivable. I wouldnt go with another pair!

I just got a pair of LSR +2+1 Racing A-Arms silvervein. They wanted like 80 bucks or something for PC and they will be muddy anyway plus they look sweet as hell to me. Plus they are so damn strong. They are well worth the extra 150 some dollars over regular rec A-Arms. I cant believe there strength. Plus the Tie rods are extra strong the hemis are unbelivable. I wouldnt go with another pair!

what are you basing strength off of?

Thats totally my fault i was typing fast i meant the American star racing are shit but lone star racing are good.

And what makes you think that ASR is shit. Have you ever ran them? Have any of your friends ever run them? Have ever had any personal experience at all with them? You can't always go off of what other people say. While this is a large forum, the amount of guys on here that say they are no good is probably barely a fraction of how many a-arm sets ASR sells.

ok ok dont get so worked up buddy. It could have been phrased better i know but i was in a hurry. Maybe not total shit but i have herd far more bad things about them than good as previously stated. Believe me or not its not really my problem and im not about to go looking up where i herd they were bad at.

what are you basing strength off of?

Im no expert but Ive felt and rode on Houser A-Arms and these just seem stronger. Off brand A-Arms on other quads Ive seen were thiner and dident look as strong. The last pair of Laegers I looked at were probably about the same strength but again I cant see them being any stronger. The JB Racing A-Arms might be the only pair of A-Arms out there that I have ever seen that I can say "Might" hold up a tad better due to them being a little beffier but top companys usualy make their arms out of the same stuff. It goes without saying that they are leaps and bounds stronger than any stock a arm on any sport/race ATV ever produced. As soon as you feel these things you can just tell its gonna take more than smacking a tree at low speeds to bend or even dent them. Im gonna take some pictures and try to get them up in the Image section. They look super cool too they have a star in the middle of the welded plate in the arm.

ok ok dont get so worked up buddy. It could have been phrased better i know but i was in a hurry. Maybe not total shit but i have herd far more bad things about them than good as previously stated. Believe me or not its not really my problem and im not about to go looking up where i herd they were bad at.

I guess i just don't get where you are hearing all of this bad feedback on them. If you read the dealers feedback on ebay (he goes by quadpartsguy) the only negative responses are for slow shipping or poor communication. Not one of 'em said the product was poor. And as far as strength goes, it can't be hard to make somethin stronger than the stock arms. I mean mine haven't broken and they lined up when I installed them, what more can you ask for? Oh, and if I sounded pissed off thats my bad, I didn't mean it to come across that way.

Thanks a lot for all your inputs guys, man i love this forum! EastCoast, you confuse me a bit, you said that ASR is bad and good at the same time?? I research a lot on the forum about them and the opinion seem to be really 50/50. I still think its a good deal. Climb any Hill, that ebay kit is cool but i just read a lot of bad about Fullflight. And by now i will really look into the for sale section, i wish ill have some luck like you guys did.

It's not luck, it's patience.. I just look & look & when something good comes up for a good price I jump on it. Last summer the 4 Sale forum had some extended a arms with works $300. I thought I sent you a houser kit? Sorry.. My bro once took out a fence, poles with his front end on Houser's, no damage to the A arms & PC just scraped.

Also.. we do make decisions based on what we read vs riding on a certain product. That's why we're posting, reading & asking. If we had rode on certain A Arms then one would make their own mind up about product quality & what to buy. Most don't have experience on all types of A Arms so that's the purpose of the forum & thread. To Reseach & Inquire to make a decision. What I read about fullflight was riders having accidents from bolts or nuts fallin out during riding. That's just the hardware, I've never seen anything about welds falling off, arms breaking etc... That might not be the manufature's fault, check your hardware. Make sure you secure your hardware, nuts with plastic.. loctite etc...

That was a good debate guys :thumbsup: . I keep on shopping and the more i look the more options i find. But i will definatly wont go with ASR. I have found an a-arm kit that is interesting, line clamps and everything made by Eyeball. I search on the forum about them and didnt find much. So if you have any info on them it would be apreciated, that seem a pretty good kit to me.

Thanks guys for all your help.

I would not go with eyeball his customer service suck. I had him rework my rear shock and when I wnet to pick it up he wanted $75 more than he quoted me :shoothead: . When I went and rode it bottomed just as easily as when it was stock so I took back. I had to threaten to withdraw my C.C. payment before he would stand behind his poor work :banghead: . I personally would never buy anything from him ever again.

Ok, but it another compagny who sell there products, anybody with experience with their a-arms??

I heard from an outside source that he builds his A-Arms damn strong and they are just as much a quality product as Lonestar or Laeger but he doesnt advetise. This could be true. a good guy to talk to would be the guy at J-H Racing. He has good prices too you just have to call.

http://j-hracing.com/

Edited by Washburn

Washburn, I was reading one of your post, did you bought your LT +2+1 kit?? Why did you decide to go this way??

Na man, I went with the standerd +2+1 setup. LT for my style I found out was not the best idea its not needed. Dual rate Elite series is the best way for me.

If you can spend 670 you have many options. You might not get the lines and clamps with the package but you have your choice of A-Arms. Just something to think about.