Need some info on a 4mil cub setup.

Capone

I'm looking to build a 4mil big bore cub setup, what am I looking at parts and pricewise? I might be interested in sending it somewhere and just having it built. I have 35mm PWK's(will I need bigger?) and getting some out of frames after my shearers sell, thanks, JD.

Any sites/venders would be apprecaited also.

Edited by Capone

Whats your current setup? You might have some other parts you could use...

If you are going with new everything, look to be spending about $2500 when its all said and done. There's always parts you don't realize you are going to need. I've built quite a few 4mil bikes and that's usually what I end up spending around on the engine, sometimes more if it needs suspension done as well.

- Jared

I'm looking to build a 4mil big bore cub setup, what am I looking at parts and pricewise? I might be interested in sending it somewhere and just having it built. I have 35mm PWK's(will I need bigger?) and getting some out of frames after my shearers sell, thanks, JD.

Any sites/venders would be apprecaited also.

Pretty sure Nate McCoy probably has the most experience with them. Cameron at Redline has built at least one that I know of, but that was a couple of months back, and I haven't really talked to him lately. You'll need to buy a new head that is custom for the supercub cylinders.

Pretty sure Nate McCoy probably has the most experience with them. Cameron at Redline has built at least one that I know of, but that was a couple of months back, and I haven't really talked to him lately. You'll need to buy a new head that is custom for the supercub cylinders.

I'm not buying the supercub, I'm just going with the 68mm cub. I have a complete stock motor as of right now. But I have a few parts... Vforce3's, 35mm PWK's, Shearer Out of Frames, Coolhead, etc..

Edited by Capone

The best bet would be to call a couple of builders. I'd recommend trying to find someone local. You have a good start for components, but your clutch will need to be beefed up if you are gonna go with a 421, along with some other things here and there (TZ bearing on the clutch side of the crank, pancake clutch bearing, etc). Make sure in talking to some builders that they discuss other options, because going from a stock motor to a 421 with shearers is like stepping up from a Geo Metro to a Funny Car, and if it doesn't suit your riding style, you won't be too happy.

The best bet would be to call a couple of builders. I'd recommend trying to find someone local. You have a good start for components, but your clutch will need to be beefed up if you are gonna go with a 421, along with some other things here and there (TZ bearing on the clutch side of the crank, pancake clutch bearing, etc). Make sure in talking to some builders that they discuss other options, because going from a stock motor to a 421 with shearers is like stepping up from a Geo Metro to a Funny Car, and if it doesn't suit your riding style, you won't be too happy.

thanks for the post. before we get carried away with the "make sure thats what you want" the motor is stock because thats how I bought it. This is my shee:

shee.JPG

I want something I can goto the local 1/8mi and have fun on... yet take to the local dirt/sand drags and have fun on.

Edited by Capone

Contact majicmike here on the board for your parts and such. Super nice guy, and can get you everything you need to set up your 4 mil cub. :thumbsup: