My first 2 stroke tear down, need some advice

So blew up my pistons last weekend, tore the top end off and brought to shop to be bored and head milled. No issues there.

Last night I removed the bottom end out of the bike and poured gas into the crank to clean it out real good(repeated like 6 times).

Re-installed bottom end in bike.

My question is this:

Do I need to lube up the bottom end before reattaching the jugs and head, or do I just leave it be?

This is my first 2 stroke tear down and I dont want to mess anything up for my fresh top end!

Thanks guys!!

yup... when installing a new crank you should always put some pure 2 stroke oil on the moving poarts to make sure the first crank its not dry and dont have to rely on the fuel mixture to get to it and work its way in there... get some of your pre mix and add a small dab to your cank and turn it over several times making sure you get it nice and lubed... but dont over do it and get a shit ton of oil in your lower half... just small amounts to help lube the inital cranking of the motor

yup... when installing a new crank you should always put some pure 2 stroke oil on the moving poarts to make sure the first crank its not dry and dont have to rely on the fuel mixture to get to it and work its way in there... get some of your pre mix and add a small dab to your cank and turn it over several times making sure you get it nice and lubed... but dont over do it and get a shit ton of oil in your lower half... just small amounts to help lube the inital cranking of the motor

Well, firstly let me say that the titties in your sig make my day! Good F'in job buddy!

Thanks all for the helpful advice. I'm not installing a new crank, just a new top end. BUT i did remove the block and clean it as described in my first post. So, I still lube up the crank(the parts I can see atleast) with pure twostroke oil? Out of curiousity... would spraying a little WD40 in there hurt/harm anything?? Sorry if this is a bigtime newbie question guy, and thanks again for the help!

Well, firstly let me say that the titties in your sig make my day! Good F'in job buddy!

Thanks all for the helpful advice. I'm not installing a new crank, just a new top end. BUT i did remove the block and clean it as described in my first post. So, I still lube up the crank(the parts I can see atleast) with pure twostroke oil? Out of curiousity... would spraying a little WD40 in there hurt/harm anything?? Sorry if this is a bigtime newbie question guy, and thanks again for the help!

yea i know your not putting in a new crank, i knew after i posted that you would say that... but you pretty much stripped down the crank by pouring straight gas on it so you need to put some on there... i wouldnt bother with wd40. once you add some oil to it , it will have more then enough lube... just get s very small amount of straight 2 stroke pre mix and drop it on there and spin it over a fwe times

yea i know your not putting in a new crank, i knew after i posted that you would say that... but you pretty much stripped down the crank by pouring straight gas on it so you need to put some on there... i wouldnt bother with wd40. once you add some oil to it , it will have more then enough lube... just get s very small amount of straight 2 stroke pre mix and drop it on there and spin it over a fwe times

Thanks dude, I owe you a beer! :thumbsup: