ASR a arms

KingSpade

i was looking into getting some +2 +1 ASR a arms but i have never heard of them. so i thought id ask around before i bought em. also was looking at some fullflights. i would like to get the leager elka combo but after putting $16,000 on the mortgage my snaps are kinda low, so i thought of just putting some arms on that i can use with my stock shocks for now. any info on these 2 brands or reccomendations on other brands that arent $800 please let me know. thank you

my uncle had a set on his raptor and the ball joints would separate while you rode. they have no cotter pin hole to hold the nut on and it falls off. after the fist time it fell apart, he used red loctite. He was flying throuh the sand whoops in idaho when the joint fell apart again causing the front end to dive into the sand in fifth gear tapped out. he broke his collar bone and was not real impressed. after that he drilled the bolt out so he could safety wire it. this has worked it still will vibrate free every now and then.The arms were a few years old so mabey ASR has updated the ball joints. but the arms are good and strong.

my uncle had a set on his raptor and the ball joints would separate while you rode. they have no cotter pin hole to hold the nut on and it falls off. after the fist time it fell apart, he used red loctite. He was flying throuh the sand whoops in idaho when the joint fell apart again causing the front end to dive into the sand in fifth gear tapped out. he broke his collar bone and was not real impressed. after that he drilled the bolt out so he could safety wire it. this has worked it still will vibrate free every now and then.The arms were a few years old so mabey ASR has updated the ball joints. but the arms are good and strong.

Mine work great. Was your uncle using the ny-loc nuts that come with the arms, i don't think he was cuz he would not have had that problem. As far as usin the stock shocks with extended a-arms i wouldn't do it. I would wait until you have the money to get the arms and properly valved after market shocks at the same time. The stockers will be WAY to soft when used with extended arms.

EDIT: typos

Edited by letsgetthisdone

Mine work great. Was your uncle using the ny-loc nuts that come with the arms, i don't think he was cuz he would not have had that problem. As far as usin the stock shocks with extended a-arms i wouldn't do it. I would wait until you have the money to get the arms and properly valved after market shocks at the same time. The stockers will be WAY to soft when used with extended arms.

EDIT: typos

hmmm.........never thought about that. can anyone else concur this opinion?? makes sense to me but any experience with this being an issue with stock shox??

hmmm.........never thought about that. can anyone else concur this opinion?? makes sense to me but any experience with this being an issue with stock shox??

Yeah the stock shock are already too soft with stock a-arms. I deffinitly wouldn't want to ride with extended a-arms and stock shocks.

As far as the a-arms go, I bought my Girlfriend some asr +3+1 arms for her blaster and they seem to be really well built. She only has a couple of rides on them so far though