Build Almost Completed Tell Me What You Think

xLastShotx

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got my Banshee back from the shop, I sent it there 2 weeks ago because I couldn't figure out why there was no spark. I ended up replacing the wiring harness with a new one because they thought that was the problem, but that didn't work. So then I got a new ignition coil they put it on and that still didn't work. Then they thought it was the stator, I ordered a new 200 watt stator with adjustable timing plate from Ricky Stator they put it on yesterday tried to fire it and guess what it didn't start, no spark. I brought it home and spent about 3 hours trying to get it to start but no luck :sad: . Does anyone have any idea why my Banshee has no spark. Almost all the electrical system is new now. If I can't find a way to get it started I am going to have to send it to a different mechanic. I haven't ridden my Banshee for about 2 months now, I am going to die over here if I can't ride it soon. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I finally got my Banshee back from the shop, I sent it there 2 weeks ago because I couldn't figure out why there was no spark. I ended up replacing the wiring harness with a new one because they thought that was the problem, but that didn't work. So then I got a new ignition coil they put it on and that still didn't work. Then they thought it was the stator, I ordered a new 200 watt stator with adjustable timing plate from Ricky Stator they put it on yesterday tried to fire it and guess what it didn't start, no spark. I brought it home and spent about 3 hours trying to get it to start but no luck :sad: . Does anyone have any idea why my Banshee has no spark. Almost all the electrical system is new now. If I can't find a way to get it started I am going to have to send it to a different mechanic. I haven't ridden my Banshee for about 2 months now, I am going to die over here if I can't ride it soon. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Did you check the inductive pick up on the timing plate? It needs to be gapped properly. Did you remove the TORS setup correctly?

Yeah the gap is correct that was one of the first things I checked. I unplugged all the T.O.R.S. wires Replaced the T.O.R.S. carburetor caps with the normal ones and installed the idle screws, am I missing something?

cheak your compression should be around 125 for stock head. maybe try some new plugs. if you post this in the repair and mods section with your questions it will surely get slover there are some very smart guys on here that ussualy get things fixed up in no time.

cheak your compression should be around 125 for stock head. maybe try some new plugs. if you post this in the repair and mods section with your questions it will surely get slover there are some very smart guys on here that ussualy get things fixed up in no time.

I think you have to clip some wires to disable a parking brake switch and possibly something else for the TORS system. Hopefully one of the other guys on here can shed some light on what you actually need to do, as I haven't ever done this. I do recall that if you didn't clip the wires, you get basically the same symptoms you describe. If you search the forum you may find a thread that talks about what to do as well. :thumbsup:

ok, if you have checked your pickup coil and it is set at .018, then you should be good to go from there. Now since you got the frame painted or powdercoated you need to sand the frame to bare metal where your coil mounts, this must have a good connection or you will not get adequate spark. Another thing if you do not have a key anymore you need to make sure that the red and brown wires are connected(some harnesses are red and black i believe). As long as you unplug everything from the tors you should be good to go. Make sure you are getting fuel.

Where are you located?

I would be really pissed if i were you and that shop made you spend all that money on un-needed parts.

Did you happen to change the clutch lever and take off the e break? If so, did you unplug the wire that goes to it? I over looked this, and spent hours trying to get my bike running.

Just a though... Never hurts to ask?

I hope you get it running soon... It looks really nice.

I am going to grind off some paint were the pickup coil is. It still has the same clutch lever and I never messed with the parking brake, although I did look for a wire coming off the lever or the brake itself and never found one, Just a metal cable like the clutch cable. I crossed the red a black key wires, the freaking shop I brought my Banshee to didn't even know it had a key so they never would have got it started, they couldn't figure out were all the extra wires went, they thought that it didn't have a key because it was old. I can look at a wiring diagram and point out that it had a key any day. I am located at Temecula, California.. The shop I brought it to is a new shop called Rancho Motor Sports.

I am going to grind off some paint were the pickup coil is. It still has the same clutch lever and I never messed with the parking brake, although I did look for a wire coming off the lever or the brake itself and never found one, Just a metal cable like the clutch cable. I crossed the red a black key wires, the freaking shop I brought my Banshee to didn't even know it had a key so they never would have got it started, they couldn't figure out were all the extra wires went, they thought that it didn't have a key because it was old. I can look at a wiring diagram and point out that it had a key any day. I am located at Temecula, California.. The shop I brought it to is a new shop called Rancho Motor Sports.

oh i see, well that still really sucks about buyin all that shit. So if you do still have a key for it then that aint the problem. Just make sure your coil is grounded good and then see if you can get any spark

Edited by trex banshee

If any part of the parking brake assembly has been removed there should atleast be som evidence of where the wires used to be. There would have been some wires going to the clutch lever. I would think that you should find where the wires were either cut on the harness or the unplugged connector, if notheing else for the sake of avoiding a problem with a short there in the future. If the wiring for the parking brake is still plugged in or installed funny, the CDI will think the brake is on and prevent it from starting.

If it's not that, I would check the run stop switch for proper funtion with a DVOM set to alarm when it sees continuity. I have never had that problem, but it makes sense. I had the light switch wear out though, and they have the smae sort of internal contacts.

If it's not that, whip out the electrical diagram and start checking the wires for continuity going to the CDI from their respective sources with the DMOM. :thumbsup: