-2 swing arm review

Hollister_Hitman

Well last week I put on my stock -2 swing arm. I already had +2+1 a-arms. The bike handles even better now, just like I thought it would. It has a tighter turning radius. It really hooks up good out of turns. The bike feels really light in the corners now. I only have dmc 916 exhaust and a 35mm carb so it wasn't turned into a wheelie machine. I only climbed a few hills (nothing too steep or big) and it did great. Lots of traction and lots of added handling. I am just running the stock shock and it works good. I only rode it for a few hours but I am going riding tomorrow so I will write some more and get some action pics.

100_3631.jpg

100_3633.jpg

100_3635.jpg

How does it handle in the choopy whoops?

well, there aren't any real mx type whoops sections here but, it seemed like the front end was lighter. the swing arm moved the weight of the bike back and added traction so I got a lighter front end. the only thing is I would think it would be harder to skip across the whoops with a shorter bike, but the only true whoops section was on a trail that they plowed.

wheelbase is not a factor if your on the gas and just hit the tops.. with the light front end and traction in the back should be easier to skip over the tops.. its the front end that will get you in trouble cus if it not in the air the backend bounces you off when it hits...

Good to hear man i plan on getting one to after i get my motor rebuilt. Also i think you would be even more amazed if you got some mx tires they make a word off difference.

you mean like 18"? I plan on getting 19" tires nex time I need tires.

was it hard to convert it all over?

Nope wasn't hard at all, but I did have my stock swingarm off a few months ago to install my chain slider so everthing was recenlty greased. The only problem you could have is getting the swingarm bolt out, but mine wasa greased a few months ago. not a hard switch at all.

Those -2 Swingarms look darn good, Congrats on your new modification.

Do you know how much does -1.5 or -2 swingarms retail for ?

well a round house one with a carrier cost around $675. Mine is a stock banshee swingarm that was shortened. I bought it for $120 with new bearings, shaft, and chain. Then I got it pc'ed for $40.

you mean like 18"? I plan on getting 19" tires nex time I need tires.

Yeah i went 21" in the front and 20" in the back to 19" and 18" Seemed to handle even better and man can you lay it into a tight turn and not worry to much about rolling. Only been one time since i got them that iv been on two tires through a turn and thats only bc i caught a root. On top of that its a lot less rotating mass.

Edited by EastCoast Banshee

what size chain are you running with that?

I don't know, I bought the swingarm used with a fairly new chain.

Well I rode yesterday and today and did pretty good on the hill climbs. I won't be switching back to my stock one :biggrin: . The bike handle the hills pretty good. The traction was good and I just leaned forward more than normal. I climbed this one today along with some others. I have video but it is on my GF's camera. I will probaly get it posted tomorrow 100_3458.jpg

Here I was on that hill 2 months ago with my stock swingarm, had a hard time getting traction. I might have made it but I didn't want to chance it so I just whipped it back around. Big time traction problem. There is no run at the bottom either. 3 ways down and only way out is up. I had to kinda side track it to get out.

[url="http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g137/broncogurl351/Clear%20Creek/?action=view

Edited by Hollister_Hitman