CPI Vs T5's

hot rod

I have a full stock 06 shee except for CPI pipes. I work at a Yamaha shop and the owner told me to get CPI pipes they were the best. Well I bought them and my husband put them on my shee and I have no bottom end. We are getting my son's she ported and he has T-5's, and I am wondering if I should trade him pipes once his is ported. I hear CPI's work better on a shee that is ported and that the T-5's will give me what I am looking for on my she since it is all stock. What does everyone think????

Edited by hot rod

I have a full stock 06 shee except for CPI pipes. I work at a Yamaha shop and the owner told me to get CPI pipes they were the best. Well I bought them and my husband put them on my shee and I have no bottom end. We are getting my son's she ported and he has T-5's, and I am wondering if I should trade him pipes once his is ported. I hear CPI's work better on a shee that is ported and that the T-5's will give me what I am looking for on my she since it is all stock. What does everyone think????
Sorry I did not realize that my son had logged on under his name, I actually posted this.

CPI are one of the best pipes for a modded banshee...For a stock motor T5 work much better. If you ride mostly in trails and you keep a stock motor choose T5.

Thank you for responding. We ride the St. Anthony sand dunes. I can't believe how disappointed I am with the performance of the CPI pipes on my shee. But because of all the great info on this site, I have gotten the feeling that a modded shee would be better for the CPI's rather than on a pure stock shee, The CPI's look better because they are new, but looks arent everything, it is the performance.

The trade would be a good one, but have your son's banshee ported for the cpi pipes. The builder or person doing the port will port the jug for the type of pipe and style of port you want. IE dune port,mx woods, drag, he or she will want to do that port work based on the type of pipes you are running.
Thanks for the reply we will definately let the guy doing the port job know he will be running the CPI pipes, and I will break out the elbow grease and polish up the T-5's for my shee. Edited by dreamcharmer

Thats the reason I dont goto yamaha for my mechanical needs :)
I am the bookkeeper, secretary and title clerk. Not a mechanic, but I guess my boss was thinking I would do alot more to the shee, I am not sure what he was thinking. He knew it was completely stock, after all we bought it from him and we got a great deal, but the CPI pipes were expensive even at cost. Thank god my son's shee is getting more mods and we can trade pipes because I would be very pissed if I had to go and buy the T-5's after buying the CPI,s.

put a head on it, 20cc domes, vf3, +4 timing, lighten flywheel it should have decent low end.

might have richen the jetting down low for the cpis.

its a banshee its not goign to be a super low end tree puller anyways.

Is your banshee jetted correctly?

I ran CPIs on my stock engine before all the recent mods that I have and

I noticed way more power on bottom and top. The pipes and a K&N air filter,

v-force3 reed cages and no air box lid were the only mods I had.

What is your jetting and what kind of air filter do you have?

:beer: