Bog in 2nd

SDuster11

I am running a 14 tooth front gear and when I try to launch in 2nd my bike bogs like crazy. I thought it might be because of the motor set-up and all but convinced a buddy to swap me tires and with his 19x10x9 Holeshot MR4's I was able to launch in 2nd. It still had a slight bog but it was much better.

I swapped to a 13 tooth front gear and it helped out alot with accel. but still was having to launch in 1st (with razrs on). So I'm thinking it's the razors becasue they feel much heavier than holeshots. Also I spin the heck out of them on packed sand Other shee's running the MR4's & HD's grip.

To fix this I am looking at wheels/tires but have questions about the following:

-What are the good and bad of 9" or 10" wheels?

- What would be a better setup in terms of capability of launching in 2nd a 9 or 10 wheel?

- I seems that alot of people are able to hook up pretty good with either HD's or MR4's what are the pro's or cons?

I ride in packed dirt or packed sand. I'm not a big jumper couple a feet is max and that's rare. I like to go fast and straight. I want to launch in second and would like to keep the 14 tooth if possible. I'm sure I'm forgetting something so don't be shy. Thanks!

Edited by SDuster11

yeah i dont think its the tires either. i can launch in second with mine and its mostly stock. but anyway if you are going to get new tires i would go with the 10" rims the look way better i think and your loseing and inch of sidwall but you probably wouldnt notice much of a handleing difference over your razors.

Warm teh bike up. Play with the air screws at 1/2 a turn at a time evenly. Try seating them all the way in but don't torque them and unscrew them 1/2 turn at a time. See where you get a better low response at. What I found on mine was that the guy that sold me the bike had 2 different size pilots in there. This is a no no. If it runs better the with air screws in then that is a rciher circuit nad air screw out is a leaner circuit. You want to be in a 1.0- 3.0 turns out, anything out of that range would need a richer or leaner pilot.

Hope that helps.

Edited by baddsheee

Yeah, something isn't right if you can't launch a 4mil ported bike in 2nd...with a 14 tooth.

I'd go smaller pilots....mess with the air screws first, then possibly lean the needle a clip or two.

Does the bike pull hard and clean once you get out of the hole?

It pulls like a raped ape once it gets in the powerband and is rolling. If other people ride it they're amazed at it but out of the hole it bogs. i'll try adjusting the needle/clip first because I dont' have any spare pilots around. thanks

It pulls like a raped ape once it gets in the powerband and is rolling. If other people ride it they're amazed at it but out of the hole it bogs. i'll try adjusting the needle/clip first because I dont' have any spare pilots around. thanks

Good to know!!

The needle alone will not solve your problem, I don't think. Try turning your air screws 2.0 to 3.0 turns out...see if that helps. that's adding more air in...to compensate for too much fuel...

Bump the clip one spot towards the blunt end to lean it out...