Doing the yfz front-end complete conversion

okbeast

I picked up YFZ a-arms, shocks, tie-rods w/ ends, spindles, brake calipers, rotors, and lines for $350 shipped. Once I found that deal I couldn't turn it down. I was expecting to pay at least $250 just for the shocks, so I am STOKED about the deal I found. All the stuff was pulled 2 days after the quad was bought so it's all brand new...did I mention I'm happy about the deal I got? LOL

I'll post some pics up of the conversion, and I'm not sure if I'm the 1st one to try to swap over everything...i.e. yfz spindles/brakes and all. I'll be sure to take alot of pictures.

If anyone's thinkin of doing this, I highly recommend goin over to yfzcentral.com. It's a bunch of great, quality guys that will give you some killer deals. If you want I can give you the emails of some of the other guys I was workin deals with...some were nearly this good.

in public, we need to say that the price you payed is too much! (just in case some YFZcentral guys come over here and see this) :laugh:

in private, we can say it is a good deal :beer:

just wait till you sell the stock stuff and figure out the total dollar amount invested, its gonna be dirt cheap, i am jealous

Three fifty for essentailly all brand new stuff, hell yeah that's a deal. I noticed ya cornered the market over there in the suspension for sale forum heh, glad ya got the goods. After reading Mullet's conversion I'm all for trying it myself; first on my son's stock Banshee (and hopefully retrofitting all the stock Banshee stuff to my daughter's Blaster), then later maybe on my Banshee as well...damn sure can't beat the price, and availability of the goods...plus I broke both stock spindles on mine this year so I'm all over the 450's aluminum spindles and dual-piston calipers like stink on a monkey :evil:

Sounds like a great deal man!!! Good for you!

My .02 though...

The width of a YFZ450 is great. The way the quad almost seems like it is squatting is awesome, but if you are not an MX rider, the shocks seem extremely stiff and your body feels it the next day. Speaking from experience, (mind you I only dune/drag) the YFZ450 suspension beats me up. After switching to a Banshee, it seemed like I was driving a Cadillac down a newly repaved rode.

Good luck on the build, it should be nice when it is done.

I'll see on the shocks, I've ridden a stock yfz before but don't really remember what the ride was like.

I was curious what all adjustments the yfz shocks have? Anyone know?

Oh and he's throwin in the brake perch/lever assembly too...boy this couldn't get any better for me :banana: