banshee vs ds650

Bert

well thanks for the input guys.. i'm pretty excited about getting the ds.. the trails i ride in all lead to the same place in the end.. i also have a sportsman 500 incase i get stuck. 6 more days left and i'll have it. we also have rock pits and sand pits and we go on the train tracks which is wide open. my friend has a banshee and he rode a ds and wanted one since.

What was your friend smoeking lol jk good luck with the new toy but i would not trade my she for anything (or sell it)

so guys the deal fell through with the ds650, then i was going to get a banshee i found for 3000 it was a stock 2006 banshee for 3000 but that deal also fell through, so now i'm getting a suzuki z400 with a yoshi exhuast, k&n air filter and jetted, and a 440 kit but it's not installed yet i'm going to get that done when it snows here... but anyways the z400 deal is a go i'd have it tomorrow but my damn night shift job is keeping me from getting it till saturday.. damnit i wish i could take off tomorrow and get it but i just had a couple vacation days thursday- monday =(

so guys the deal fell through with the ds650, then i was going to get a banshee i found for 3000 it was a stock 2006 banshee for 3000 but that deal also fell through, so now i'm getting a suzuki z400 with a yoshi exhuast, k&n air filter and jetted, and a 440 kit but it's not installed yet i'm going to get that done when it snows here... but anyways the z400 deal is a go i'd have it tomorrow but my damn night shift job is keeping me from getting it till saturday.. damnit i wish i could take off tomorrow and get it but i just had a couple vacation days thursday- monday =(

My friend has a 440 kit on his kfx.Its really not that fast.

My friend has a 440 kit on his kfx.Its really not that fast.

You need the proper combination of cams, carb, exhaust, and intake to get the full use out of those big bore kits.

My KFX has a 434 (athena) kit, stage 2 cams, high comp piston (14.25:1), FCR40 carb, K&N Filter, and HMF Carbon exhaust. I have no problems keeping up with a buddies shee thats bored .40 over... Of course he'll kill me on top end, but who beats their quad off the rev-limiter constantly? Probably have a little over $1000 into the motor, pushes around 45hp at a local dyno shop. :cool:

Edited by drnez

well after the 440 kit is installed and i get a set of hot cams i'll be happy with like 75mph.. think i can get that?

Top speed is based more upon gearing rather than engine mods. Of course, you need an engine that will actually pull itself to that top speed.

Now quickness...thats where its at :). How fast can you get to 75mph....

I saw a turbo DS at my last Dumont Dunes trip. That thing was hella fast!!! Had everyone turning heads.

I saw that thing at glamis. It was in the camp next to us. Dude that thing sounds like a diesel truck! Didnt that thing have a straight pipe? The end of the pipe had a 4in diameter!