2 into 1 carb

99Banshee420

:banghead: bike runs good untill i take it for a ride an then it acts like its out of gas i think the float is sticking and the height needs to be ajusted. looking for some info

I would also like to know what the best way to check float height on a PWK is... I've had people tell me a lot of different things.. Some people say it should be even across with the carb turned over, some people say you set it as high as you can without spillage... The keihin docs say to turn the carb until the needle seat just touches the float tab, then measure... Anyone know what the best way is?

post what kind and size of carbs you have ... differant carbs need differant flaot hieghts..

to messure the float hieght take the bowls off and flip the carbs over... get your self a micromiter.. and from the lip of the carbs to the top most part of the float is what you messure... im sure you can do it with a ruler but we use a mic to get it more accurate... you got to get a small screw driver and bend the floats if they are off from what your hieght should be... i want to say 33-36 are 16mm but ill have to doulbe check.. i know 34-36 are but not sure if 33 and lower are differant...

once yo get the hieghts correct put the bowls on and open your gas. tap the bowls with a screw driver to make sure the floats settle right... if your hieght is off your carbs will either leak gas out the dumps when you turn the fuel on or when you go riding your bowls will go empty and not fillup fast enough and will cut out...

Edited by Bansh-eman