Upcoming Elections

PUSH THE THROTTLE

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

huh? the economy and job market? thats funny. both are better than they have been in years. did you miss all the record breaking dow closings? did you miss that unemployment rates are lower now than any time during the clinton years? and all thanks to the tax cuts 'for the rich' that everyone complained so much about. made things better for everyone, despite being in a war. pretty amazing, if you ask me.

i think people underestimate how many people ARE 'toasty' with bush's ideas. like i said, thank god for the silent majority.

brooke I have enjoyed debating with you in the past and totally respect your opinion on this matter , but come on now, lets be realistic about true progress in this country ,the dow was bound to get better after so many years of turmoil , hell it couldnt get much worse really . sure manufacturing is slowly getting better ,but, do you honestly think george bush had anything to do with it ? home sales is terrible now , but yo u must still remember americans usable money still drive our market ....we are the biggest consumer ... not G W ... he is a mere puppet to his constituents .I think people give the president way too much credit despite his power and given affiliations .unemployment is a bit of a hoax IMO becaus e after so long(your time runs out ) yo uare off the charts as far as statistics go. news and politics is a funny thing, because we are only informed on what they want to tell you ,its media based information and it is up to us to read between the lines and decide for ourselves the best we can .keep watching the gas prices prices closely as they will slowly lower as the presidential campaign gets closer .I dont like voting for democrats(communist party lol ) ,but if i see one that is true in personal merit and belief ,ill pull the handle down so to speak . weather yo u vote democrat or republican i hope everyone takes time out of their day to vote ,its a inconvienance but people died and fought for our right do so ,and I think thats pretty important regardless. :beer:

brooke I have enjoyed debating with you in the past and totally respect your opinion on this matter , but come on now, lets be realistic about true progress in this country ,the dow was bound to get better after so many years of turmoil , hell it couldnt get much worse really . sure manufacturing is slowly getting better ,but, do you honestly think george bush had anything to do with it ? home sales is terrible now , but yo u must still remember americans usable money still drive our market ....we are the biggest consumer ... not G W ... he is a mere puppet to his constituents .I think people give the president way too much credit despite his power and given affiliations .unemployment is a bit of a hoax IMO becaus e after so long(your time runs out ) yo uare off the charts as far as statistics go. news and politics is a funny thing, because we are only informed on what they want to tell you ,its media based information and it is up to us to read between the lines and decide for ourselves the best we can .keep watching the gas prices prices closely as they will slowly lower as the presidential campaign gets closer .I dont like voting for democrats(communist party lol ) ,but if i see one that is true in personal merit and belief ,ill pull the handle down so to speak . weather yo u vote democrat or republican i hope everyone takes time out of their day to vote ,its a inconvienance but people died and fought for our right do so ,and I think thats pretty important regardless. :beer:

while i disagree with your readings on the economy etc, i respect your obvious concern for our country. i like that. we dont see enough of that nowadays. :beer:

while i disagree with your readings on the economy etc, i respect your obvious concern for our country. i like that. we dont see enough of that nowadays. :beer:

thats cool ...atleast we have that much in agreement lol I really like a good friendly political debate, if its kept intellectual :beer:

thats cool ...atleast we have that much in agreement lol I really like a good friendly political debate, if its kept intellectual :beer:

so do i.

and im not 100% happy with the republican party. im not a zombie, i swear lol they have lost some of their base because of the border issues, i know id sure like to see some welfare reform, there are things im not happy about but there are lots of things i AM happy about.

Just to add, it hit an ALL time high. That should atleast merit some value. :biggrin:

True it is an all time high... but looking at the bigger picture, way back on November 7th 2000, the Dow Jones was at 10,977.21. Six years later the and the Dow is only at 12,018.30. Subtract the two numbers and you get a 6 year gain of 1041.09. Thats about a 173 point gain per year for the past six years.

Halliburton is where you all shoulda invested your money. Halliburton just closed at 31.78 per share, 6 years ago the stock was at 17.00 and pumping out dividends all the time.

True it is an all time high... but looking at the bigger picture, way back on November 7th 2000, the Dow Jones was at 10,977.21. Six years later the and the Dow is only at 12,018.30. Subtract the two numbers and you get a 6 year gain of 1041.09. Thats about a 173 point gain per year for the past six years.

perfect example of a blind bush hater who will never be happy with anything good that happens while bush is in office.

Halliburton is where you all shoulda invested your money. Halliburton just closed at 31.78 per share, 6 years ago the stock was at 17.00 and pumping out dividends all the time.

so what? who cares if halliburtons stocks are up? you arent still holding on to the conspiracy theory that cheny profits at all from that company, are you?

Well my predictions were wrong. This election should set the republicans up for the Presidency in '08 though. Now instead of the Republicans fighting against themselves all the time they can fight against some democrats. Can't wait for my taxes to go up. :banghead:

I'm also curious to see how the media deals with things like the war and the economy in the future. I'm guessing it won't take long to turn pessimism to optimism.

Edited by PUSH THE THROTTLE