LS spring trip

so who knows there way around LS. I have never been but, have heard some evil stories about folks gettn' hurt bad due to not knowing the place. I also see some high flyn' qauds on the websites pics it really looks kick ass out there. 14 days :woot:

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ride in groups, if your going to jump or go up a hill ballz out have someone on the top watching, at nite if you get lost, there are strobe lights on a pole at each camp, south and north. to get your way back.

the dunes change or can change everyday. might have smooth hills, next day pointed ones. so dont think it will be the same.

75 cents will get you a decent shower unless you have a fat ass then it might take 1.00 lol

ride in groups, if your going to jump or go up a hill ballz out have someone on the top watching, at nite if you get lost, there are strobe lights on a pole at each camp, south and north. to get your way back.

the dunes change or can change everyday. might have smooth hills, next day pointed ones. so dont think it will be the same.

75 cents will get you a decent shower unless you have a fat ass then it might take 1.00 lol

That pretty much sums it up! Never hit anything without checking it out first. ALWAYS see what's on the other side of the dune before you go over top of it. If it's your first time to the dunes, I wouldn't recommend riding at night. Know your area before you go, and remember to keep your eyes open all the time..people come flying from all directions :biggrin:

Man, I love the dunes!!! :woot:

Only 12 days left for me, damn it's getting close....

That pretty much sums it up! Never hit anything without checking it out first. ALWAYS see what's on the other side of the dune before you go over top of it. If it's your first time to the dunes, I wouldn't recommend riding at night. Know your area before you go, and remember to keep your eyes open all the time..people come flying from all directions :biggrin:

Man, I love the dunes!!! :woot:

Only 12 days left for me, damn it's getting close....

night rides are great Travis but you gotta ride slow at night.. and yes you can get hurt bad out there, everytime i have been medflight has had to carry someone out that did something stupid or was hurt by someone doing something stupid.. and if you get flown out your going to whichita ks or ok city..and thats not a good thing..bottom line is ride smart and be carefull

Don't get me wrong, riding at night is friggin awesome! I rode for a little while last time and had a great time, and am definitely going to do it again. I just think new comers to the dunes should be especially cautious all the time, and even more so at night. :thumbsup:

yeah i have to go on atleast one night ride and if there isnt a full moon man can you see the stars..but i do agree 1st timers need to go with seasoned rider at night :cool:

so you guys know the place, cool you'll have to let me know when you are going to do a night run so I can tag along. I also heard they have some way wicked dune buggies around and they are fast as shit 13 days :woot: (can you tell I am amped up)

I have been there 5 diffrent time over the last 2 years, So I like to think that I know my way around pretty dang good. Night riding is a blast man but if you feel your self start to go up an incline you better slow her down or else you could find your self about 60 feet in the air with alot of black b4 you hit the bottom hehe just be careful and dont go out and ride drunk and you will be fine. also make sure you watch out for everybody else too. Cant wait man 13 days BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ready to throw back some cold ones with ya boys. :biggrin:

so you guys know the place, cool you'll have to let me know when you are going to do a night run so I can tag along. I also heard they have some way wicked dune buggies around and they are fast as shit 13 days :woot: (can you tell I am amped up)

yep, Ive been going atleast twice a year since I was 20. Occasionaly there are some nice rails for the most part is the vw based ones that are kinda boring to me. I like watching the turbo ones pull 300+yd wheelies or airing them out enough to clear a school bus.

I've been twice and have a decent idea of where everything is. Me and a buddy rode all the way around the fenceline last time so that helped out some, and last time we had a break-down and I had to find my way back out to where my friend was and did it w/o much problems. Got 5 days and I'll be there :biggrin:

You got to go out at least 1 night to watch the rails tear up a dune. It is awsome watching those things run arround on only the back wheels. There are several out there that must have several thousand $ tied up just in lights. I'm coming down Thurs night (3/29) w/ daughter and Brothers and there kids. My daughter will get to try out her new LT-Z250 for the first time. I can't hardly wait. :biggrin:

Edited by nameehsnab