LS spring trip

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense...Travis...but that's good to know. I think you and I are both on the heavy hitter's list...

:whistling:

I'm sure I've got a few pounds on ya too, so you should definitely be alright :thumbsup:

I heard something similar but I ran them anyways with the struts, and I figure if a rigid setup isn't going to snap them, I imagine a suspended setup isn't going to do any harm either. Not saying it "can't" happen, but in my experiences, I had no problems at all. I also run a stainless bolt on the rear strut too, it wore a little on the strut but the bolt is A-OK :beer:

Oh, and BTW, the only reason I need new bolts is because I snapped one trying to remove it, not because it snapped under load. The nut got stuck on the bolt, twisted the bolt and it snapped. Just an FYI

Well i dunno if im gonna make it now or not.i really need a longer swing arm and if i cant ride it like i want to no point in going.I was looking forward to us racing travis i been thrashing to get mine together and now i cant keep the front end on the ground.. all im waiting on now is my seat to get back from getting the gripper put on it..CIMG1517.jpg

Well i dunno if im gonna make it now or not.i really need a longer swing arm and if i cant ride it like i want to no point in going.I was looking forward to us racing travis i been thrashing to get mine together and now i cant keep the front end on the ground.. all im waiting on now is my seat to get back from getting the gripper put on it..

Randy (odell) has a +8 that he could probably let you borrow, or buy if you liked it. I don't want to speak for him but I'll be happy to ask him for you. It's a no link swingarm

If I am getting my bike ready for this trip, you better make it too :biggrin: I still haven't even got the engine in the frame yet!

Well i dunno if im gonna make it now or not.i really need a longer swing arm and if i cant ride it like i want to no point in going.I was looking forward to us racing travis i been thrashing to get mine together and now i cant keep the front end on the ground.. all im waiting on now is my seat to get back from getting the gripper put on it..CIMG1517.jpg

Awww hell ride it anyway, atleast thats better than it running like shit. Travis and I both had that problem last trip.

yeah we found out right fast that a +6 isnt even close to being long enough for that motor and it isnt even dialed in yet.. sad part is my money is so tight right now that i can afford to buy another one right now.. i just started a new job and dont make near the money i used too :sad: ..i owned a car transport and and the motor blew up in it so i sold it and now money is really tight..all my friends have really been helping me out so i could make the trip but i just cant spend any more money on it at the moment. Life deals you a crappy hand every now and then and i guess i was due.. i was gonna bring 2 bikes anyway my banshee and my daughters kfx 400..

yeah we found out right fast that a +6 isnt even close to being long enough for that motor and it isnt even dialed in yet.. sad part is my money is so tight right now that i can afford to buy another one right now.. i just started a new job and dont make near the money i used too :sad: ..i owned a car transport and and the motor blew up in it so i sold it and now money is really tight..all my friends have really been helping me out so i could make the trip but i just cant spend any more money on it at the moment. Life deals you a crappy hand every now and then and i guess i was due.. i was gonna bring 2 bikes anyway my banshee and my daughters kfx 400..

Well, what kind of carrier do you have? Randy's got that +8, I talked to him about it and I'm sure he won't mind letting you use it for the trip. We all know how it is to be limited on cash!! :biggrin:

i have a stock carrier travis..and if its a no link im not sure my marvin wont be to long for it..but i really appreciate it tho :biggrin: oh and my name is Ronnie btw..

Edited by AnCieNt1

i appreciate it man..worst case is it wheelies real bad and plants my big ass on the sand.. my daughters bike has a big bore kit in it and it runs pretty good that will be my rider bike anyway.. just really want to get the banshee tuned in and ready for the races. where i can put a wheelie bar on it and it will have pro wedges on it. you will have to come down and race with us some weekend..

Edited by AnCieNt1

hey guys please quit quoting ok? i am getting tired of rereading all this stuff..

ancient what the hell!! you actually thoguht an alky 4 mill cub would be ok with a +6? haha!! naw i am just joking my gas cub is a handfull with a 6 over on it last year i rode jb's pink framed people eater alky cub w a +4!!!! it was nutz. i found that if i lined up in the loose sand and not the old ruts it spun a lil out of the hole and then was pretty manageable on the run itsself. you need to learn clutch control use the clutch to keep the front down.. i didnt know you wre going alky bike looks great!! you better show up. if its a problem i can ride it for ya! i have a 400ex thats perfect for ya! hehe... :evil:

i think i am part of the overeaters crew also..