Rear brake drag

fox_forma

I have been having troubles with my back brake not fully releasing so i pulled the back brakes off, replaced the seals in the caliper and cleaned everything up real nice. Got back to bleeding the brakes and they worked how they should, the pedal would return fully after let off. I capped off the fluid and the back brake was stiff again and wouldnt fully return once pressed down. I cant for the life of me get this fixed. I have been using a mighty Vac to bleed the system and nothing, it was normal for a good 30sec and then went back to being messed up. If I press down on the pedal it will return a little then I have to pull it up the rest of the way so it wont drag the brakes. Any ideas on this? Nothing is leaking anywhere either.

sounds like what happened to a buddys quad. it was the rear caliper piston sticking. it was due to sand and other crud stuck in the piston area... we seen where it normally returned but it then had a splight bit of residue that hardened and wouldnt let the piston return fully.

over time i guess the stuff kicks up in there and with age just decreases the smoothness of it.

I pulled the master off and it looks like the seal that was for the line that runs to the caliper was pretty dirty and a little chewed up. I replaced that, re-bled the brakes and it seemed to work. This was really late last night so I figured I would let it sit over night. Just woke up so bout to go check.

Can the whole master cylinder come apart? It looks like it does in the manual but the only thing I could see that came apart was the lino out of it to the rear caliper. How does the rest of it come apart if it does?

I pulled the master off and it looks like the seal that was for the line that runs to the caliper was pretty dirty and a little chewed up. I replaced that, re-bled the brakes and it seemed to work. This was really late last night so I figured I would let it sit over night. Just woke up so bout to go check.

Can the whole master cylinder come apart? It looks like it does in the manual but the only thing I could see that came apart was the lino out of it to the rear caliper. How does the rest of it come apart if it does?

CHECK THE POST YOUR PEDAL PIVIOTS ON THEY GET RUSTY AND CORRODED AND SOMETIMES HANG UP ON YOU BUT OTHER THAN THAT CHECK WHAT THE REST OF THE GUYS ON HERE SAID ALLREADY

pull the rubber boot back and inside there is a small snap ring. remove the snap ring and pull it apart. there is a small u-cup(seal) on the piston.

Thanks, I couldnt figure it out so thanks for clearing that up, as of now though the brakes seem to be just fine and havent froze up yet since it has been back together.