STJOE ST PARK

denim

I used to go ride there - when I still had a 'Shee. I still go down there to hike, bike and so on. I take pictures on-the-side and have done some shoots of friends down there before. The chat makes for good roost photos. My pic thingy (whatever it is called) to the left is down there.

-Bill

I know a lot of people who know it as Flat River too. Not everyone uses the new name. I guess at some point they renamed the nearby town to Park Hills. I am not that old to remember all that. The mine closed a year before I was born! :ohmy:

Edited by STLBILL

Well, they have put a ton of money into the camping and such in the last few years. It is now more inline with the other Missouri state park where you can ride ORVs - Finger Lakes. I thought it was fairly creative how they took mulch from Johnson's Shut-Ins and made some obstacles.

It sure would be nice if they'd get some heavy equipment in there and pile up the chat the way it was in the 1970s. The stuff used to rival Choke Cherry! Next time you are over where you can see the mill look across the hillside. There is an active lead mine with it all stacked up. Granted they are not fast, but I watched a bulldozer climb it one day. Must have taken that dozer 20 minutes so you know it's big!

Edited by STLBILL

Lastlegwarrior and I ride there. I love that place, its a blast. Last time we went there, I burned my clutch up and put in a new one at the campsite. There is a place in Park Hills called Doug's Cycle I believe. They are amazing. They had a GYT-R clutch in stock and everything else we needed. They are great guys. Good prices too. We ride at Finger Lakes once in a while too, its only like 10 minutes from where we live, but St. Joe is better. Then of course there is Deepwater at Clinton, MO. Its ok. About like Finger Lakes.