Here are my list of mods

TR6s

2:1 filter

NOSS Coolhead w/20cc domes

ping killswitch AKA my key

no parking break

Holeshots up front

mudsharks on back

Soon to come (+4 degree timing plate V3s Billit impeller All ordered and will be installed by the 1st) Then (F.A.S.T. Racing agressive woods port job and probably some t5s instead of the tr6s)

His mods

440 big bore kit

some sort of cam

he told me his piston ratio I forget but he runs a 50/50 mix pump and 110

We started at the line some gravel some asfault spots and he automaticaly pulled me I hit 3rd and I caught up to him and half way through third I passed him I hit sixth and had to stop cause there was no more room. I was also speed shifting. and the race ended with me about 1 and a half bike lengths ahead of him.

He was pissed and was insisting that I have motor work done :laugh: He said he has dragged and beaten piped yfzs and trx450s I have no reason to disbelive him. Man ws I on my cloud. I said see thats what you get for trying a 2 stroke king. Plus I weigh about 80lbs more than him.

I dont quite understand though. I thought these YFZ 450s were smoking piped Banshees. From what I head if your going to beat a yfz on dirt or gravel you need port work. I guess thats not the case. I do also think I just happened to get one of them Banshees that just happen to be a freak rite off the showroom floor. Ive had 3 competing mechanics up my place ride it and they all said wow you have an awsome banshee. 2 of them said it was the best running Banshee they ever rode (not the fastest but the best running for my mods) It does make me wonder mabey I should just leave it the way it is instead of moding it out cause I could be comprimising the reliability factor and could be moving back instead of foward. But everyone here tells me Im doing exactly what I need to be doing so...

I cant wait to get my timing plate and V3s in next week. Then later on this winter Im getting Jeff to do a woods port. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

BTW I do some drag racing but not to much. I mostly ride trails feilds coal pits and fire roads. So noones talking me out of the woods port.

Edited by Washburn

My friend Michael has Jeff's dune/play port.He still trail rides it.He has cpi's and stock carbs for now.

Good grief that banshee runs good.The 450's around where we live are no problem.He runs really low 8's at our local 1/8th mile.Remember,it still has stock carbs and is very rideable.WOW!

As far as racing on gravel,more power can make winning less likely.I have Jeff's drag port.

Racing on gravel is almost out of the question if I want it to ever hook up and win.Tires become a huge issue also.The more power you have the more important what tire you have and where you race.

It's hard to win races if you're blowing the tires off in every gear.

My friend Michael has Jeff's dune/play port.He still trail rides it.He has cpi's and stock carbs for now.

Good grief that banshee runs good.The 450's around where we live are no problem.He runs really low 8's at our local 1/8th mile.Remember,it still has stock carbs and is very rideable.WOW!

As far as racing on gravel,more power can make winning less likely.I have Jeff's drag port.

Racing on gravel is almost out of the question if I want it to ever hook up and win.Tires become a huge issue also.The more power you have the more important what tire you have and where you race.

It's hard to win races if you're blowing the tires off in every gear.

Maxxis Razors :notworthy: !! The only way!!! :beer:

Here are my list of mods

TR6s

2:1 filter

NOSS Coolhead w/20cc domes

ping killswitch AKA my key

no parking break

Holeshots up front

mudsharks on back

Soon to come (+4 degree timing plate V3s Billit impeller All ordered and will be installed by the 1st) Then (F.A.S.T. Racing agressive woods port job and probably some t5s instead of the tr6s)

His mods

440 big bore kit

some sort of cam

he told me his piston ratio I forget but he runs a 50/50 mix pump and 110

We started at the line some gravel some asfault spots and he automaticaly pulled me I hit 3rd and I caught up to him and half way through third I passed him I hit sixth and had to stop cause there was no more room. I was also speed shifting. and the race ended with me about 1 and a half bike lengths ahead of him.

He was pissed and was insisting that I have motor work done :laugh: He said he has dragged and beaten piped yfzs and trx450s I have no reason to disbelive him. Man ws I on my cloud. I said see thats what you get for trying a 2 stroke king. Plus I weigh about 80lbs more than him.

I dont quite understand though. I thought these YFZ 450s were smoking piped Banshees. From what I head if your going to beat a yfz on dirt or gravel you need port work. I guess thats not the case. I do also think I just happened to get one of them Banshees that just happen to be a freak rite off the showroom floor. Ive had 3 competing mechanics up my place ride it and they all said wow you have an awsome banshee. 2 of them said it was the best running Banshee they ever rode (not the fastest but the best running for my mods) It does make me wonder mabey I should just leave it the way it is instead of moding it out cause I could be comprimising the reliability factor and could be moving back instead of foward. But everyone here tells me Im doing exactly what I need to be doing so...

I cant wait to get my timing plate and V3s in next week. Then later on this winter Im getting Jeff to do a woods port. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

BTW I do some drag racing but not to much. I mostly ride trails feilds coal pits and fire roads. So noones talking me out of the woods port.

i have the t55's, i hear they perform better than the 6's. my strongest gear is 4th.

i have the t55's, i hear they perform better than the 6's. my strongest gear is 4th.

the vf3's r great,with the plate. i have lots more bottom end & almost no smoking, its great now.

the vf3's r great,with the plate. i have lots more bottom end & almost no smoking, its great now.

I disagree. I rode a friend of mines Banshee with the T5s Identical mods just the pipes and filter this was before I had my NOSS head and I thought the T6s out preformed the T5s in pretty much every little aspect he rode mine and said the same thing. Now thats just one expirence but it seems pretty on to me both bikes run great. Now I know the T5s preform better from mid to top on ported engines but stock I think I will stay with the T6s. Well untill I get my motor done that is.