Jetting

nameehsnab

I just recently ported my cylinders (Race Logic). I have K&N pods and stock exhaust. After reading other threads on here I went with 240 main jets. The bike seamed to be a little lean so I went to 250 jets and it seamed fat and sluggish. any help would be great.

Bike is mostly stock.

TORS disconnected.

Stock Exhaust.

K&N Pods

Race Logic Fast trail port

I'm sure you already knew this...but, I think you wasted your money on porting before pipes....period.

Do a plug chop to dial in your main. You did the work to get air/fuel into your motor more efficiently with your porting....but, then you put the clamped down vice on the motor by leaving the stock pipes....

http://www.dfn.com/benkaren/plugchop.html

Completely understand...however, you're still choking that motor with stock pipes, I don't care how good the port is, how much it cost, or who did it.

Take a piece of cellophane, poke 5 or 6 pinholes in it, take a nice, easy breath....then place it over your mouth and try to blow through it.

Next, take that same piece of cellophane, then take a deep, deep breath, and try to blow through it again....

See what I'm getting at. You're trying to get more air/fuel in efficiently, but you're seriously being restricted by stock pipes....

Money is money...and I can surely appreciate the value of a dollar.

We're just trying to tell you porting, no matter what kind or cost, it counter productive with those stock cans....that's all!!!

Cool

Pipes are next on the list

I have been trying to get a set of used T5s on Fleebay but have been thus far unwilling to bay just under the price I can get them for from RMatv.

On a side note it was rather fun to get into the motor and do the port job myself. With the RaceLogic templates it was really quite easy.

Edited by nameehsnab

Yeah, I'm really not trying to sound like a dickwad, just trying to be honest, you'll really love some T5 pipes.

I've seen used ones go from 200 to 350 bucks in great shape. YOU really need to comb the classified on this site and the 2 stroke classified on planetsand.com..

I promise you can find a good deal on them, and not have to worry about fleabay scammers.....

ive often wondered what kind of power can me made while still using the stock pipes. would be fun to make a real sleeper with a stock head and stock pipes but slap in a 4mm stroker and a dune port.

i wonder what it would be like.... nobosy would see that comming, thats for sure.

Well I have had multiple problems with the jetting. I think I put the carb bowls on wrong (havn't had time to tear it apart and check). It dosn't want to start, backfires wile I'm riding and has been a royal pain to get jeted. Ran rich with 250 just and lean with 240s. Right now it has 240s with the screws out 3 turns. I have been watching for a set of T5s just havn't hade the money.

If you are lean with the 240's why would you leave them in? Put the 250's back in.

And three turns out on the air screws it too much....there is something else wrong.

If you have aftermarket pipes and NO Airbox, then I'd say bump up your pilot. But, you don't....so, something is wrong. That bike should run with the air screws between 1.0 and 2.5 turns out.

That air screw has absolutely nothing to do with your main....it will not lean our or richen up the main circuit....

I think your slides may be in backwards, choke tube not on and/or the bowls backwards...somethin ain't right...