jetting?

what should my jetting be? i am buying that k&n filter with the metal plate thing and i have fmf sst pipes. elevation is about 600 feet and its anywhere from 70-40 degreeese. will I have to cahnge it again when it gets colder? i was thinking about the pod filters but i was gonna ride in the snow and i didnt kno if that was a good idea

Edited by skyline_898

what should my jetting be? i am buying that k&n filter with the metal plate thing and i have fmf sst pipes. elevation is about 600 feet and its anywhere from 70-40 degreeese. will I have to cahnge it again when it gets colder? i was thinking about the pod filters but i was gonna ride in the snow and i didnt kno if that was a good idea

You should be around 280 27.5 2 turns on the screw. I doubt you will richen up enough to justify rejetting unless your racing.

280 and if you have to turn the air screws in less than 1 turn out to get it off idle cleanly, bump up the pilot one size to a 27.5 (25 is stock).

FMF pipes like a fatter pilot...but, you're still running the airbox.

If you go pod filter, then 27.5 pilot and 330 to 340 main.

And, yes, when it gets to be winter time, you will have to richen up the main.

A good rule of thumb is 1 bigger main jet for every 30 degree drop in temp.

Always check your plugs to be safe.

When I had FMF gnarlies, air box lid off and a foam filter I ran 290's in colder weather, 40 to 60 degrees. Since you have a K&N and sst's I'd say you should run at least a 300, maybe a 310 if it is 40 degrees or colder.