Need some input.

Yamashee1

Ok heres the deal. My buddie and I both have 01 shee's. ok we drag raced today on pavement. he won every time. He's mods are as Follows: stock air box with Uni filter, stock Reeds and all, 230 main jets and Rocketpipes. stock gearing. My mods are as Follows: Airbox Removed toomey 2into1 airfilter,Boyensen dual stage Reeds, 290 Mains,Rocketpipes,Stock Gearing, We both got real good takeoffs I almost flipped mine over a couple of times. even when i got a better start and about 4 lengths on him he would catchup and pass me. I think were at around 700 feet above sealevel. im not sure if I need to up my mains or drop them.Hell mine might need a top end rebuild im not sure. it pulls Hard can't keep the front end down. :shrug:

it could depend on lots of things engine wear, driver... etc

his bike could also be ported without you or him knowing , oversises too can change , clutch slipping a bit etc...

a jetting difference like that would change alot in a race.

anything could be the cause , it could be as simple your weight different than his.

Dont try to figure out something like that

Edited by djackbanshee

it could depend on lots of things engine wear, driver... etc

but i think maybe his bike is too lean at 230 and your maybe too rich if hes runs at 230

hes bike could also be ported without you or him knowing , oversises too can change !

a jetting difference like that would change alot in a race.

anything could be the cause , it could be as simple your weight different than his.

We both know for a fact that his engine is stock. he bought it from a buddie of his who was the first owner. and we both weigh about the same maybe 5 pounds diff. The only other thing (other than jetting) that i can think of is the wear part. His shee hasn't been ran a whole lot. you can tell cause of his chain sliders and rollers aren't worn very much. so he probley has more compression than me.

hes jetting could be spot on and yours could be off a little !

Once me and my buddies bought 50cc chinesse atvs and they all came out of the crate ,well there was always one faster than the other even if they were exactly identical and whoever would race it ! Same bike same wear .

Check your jetting, his needles could be different,different clip, lots of things could be the cause.

Edited by djackbanshee