Just bought a banshee need HELP!

I just bought my first banshee and went riding a couple weekends ago no problems and this weekend I had a problem. When I first started it up it wouldnt run unless my finger was resting on the throttle. I started riding down the trail and it wouldnt let me push it past half throttle. i brought it back to the house took the cover off the box with the thumb throttle. I noticed that it would only run when the throttle came off the electric switch. What is this electric switch? It also be came very touchy and would rev up fast with little throttle. I move the piece that was resting on the switch and when the switch released the motor would rev without moving the throttle cable. I traced the wire from the switch to the things on top of the carbs. What do those do? Any help would be appreciated

The things on top of the carbs would be the TORS units.

Throttle Override System. Just unplug the wires going to them.

Also, look at your parking brake handle and remove the small switch

and wire going up to it. Trace it down the stearing stem and unplug it from

the wiring harness, if you havent already.

:beer:

What does the switch do on the parking brake and why do I want to remove it? And by unplugging the wires does that bypass the TORS and that should fix my problem? Have you ever heard of this problem before? Also I tried unplugging the wire that comes out of the throttle housing from the harness and it wouldnt start.

Unplug the little black box under the gas tank on the left side,that should bypass everything.If that doesnt work then adjust the big flathead screws on the boxes above the carbs to bring the idle up A little,be sure to adjust both the same to keep the carbs synced.To make sure your in sync take the airfilter off and look at the slides,make sure they move the same and have the same gap when down.Start with A 1/8 in gap.Hope that helps.

Ok I just took off all the plastics and the gas tank and the wires coming out of the TORS are unplugged and the little box on the left is unplugged. I took the airbox off and one of the sliders was stuck open. There was some sand in the carb I think thats what stuck the slider. I think im gonna get a gasket kit and clean out the carbs this weekend and hopefully this fixes it. But do I still need to remove the switch off the parking brake and y what does it do?

Ok I just took off all the plastics and the gas tank and the wires coming out of the TORS are unplugged and the little box on the left is unplugged. I took the airbox off and one of the sliders was stuck open. There was some sand in the carb I think thats what stuck the slider. I think im gonna get a gasket kit and clean out the carbs this weekend and hopefully this fixes it. But do I still need to remove the switch off the parking brake and y what does it do?

That switch on the parking brake will keep it from reving right make it act like its bogging down. remove it it is just a waste of space. and a pain in the ass. i missed a weekend of Riding cause of it. cut the wires and hadn't had any Probs yet. :thumbsup: