What compression? What fuel?

baddsheee

Hey guys. :beer: Getting a dune port done at Passion, just waiting for them. He is also milling the head. I will have the flywheel lightened, and RS plate for maybe a +4. A few questions. I got the T5's with the Toomey filter on there right now.

What compression do you guys think I should expect?

Do you guys think a 50/50 mix would be good for fuel or 110? Would 32:1 still be OK for oil?

Thanks for any feedback

I thougt maybe i would use more oil in it? Just because of it runnning harder, but then again I'm fairly new to this. I got one person saying pump gas, and another saying 50/50. Anyone other opinions would be appreciated. I know I will probably have to do a compression check but just kind of curious of what I'm looking at while I get my cylinders back. :banghead:

i would run 50/50 and switch to 40:1

Why do you say that?

baddshee I guess I should ask how much is being milled off? I know people with 30thou taken off and they are still on pump fuel, porting will lower your compression also. When I had my dune/drag ported cylinders from passion I was running 18cc domes and only had around 170lbs on each cylinder. 32:1 will be fine if that is what you want to run, I personally run 927@ 40:1 but it is all your choice when it comes to that.

Hey guys. :beer: Getting a dune port done at Passion, just waiting for them. He is also milling the head. I will have the flywheel lightened, and RS plate for maybe a +4. A few questions. I got the T5's with the Toomey filter on there right now.

What compression do you guys think I should expect?

Do you guys think a 50/50 mix would be good for fuel or 110? Would 32:1 still be OK for oil?

Thanks for any feedback

your in victorville? im in oakhills..howdy neighbor.......ask jim what your compression is or get a testor, if your riding local your between 2000 and 3000 feet....i think you'll be at least 160 psi, that would be border line up here on pump fuel...maybe go to goodspeed at "I" avenue and bear valley and get some 104 octane and run that maybe even half that and half pump fuel i run the 108 octane straight and im at 180 psi, if you were to say ride down the hill you'll need the race fuel, id go 50:1 with 927 oil and break it in on the old honda 2 cycle oil jim sends you, at 40:1 castor 927 was kinda gumming up in my bike 50:1 cleaned it up, just remember as it starts getting colder up here when your done riding shut off your gas and let it run almost dry before you kill it then when you go to ride shake the shit out of your shee before you turn on your fuel......927 seperates in cold climates.......but jim at passion will fill you in, just ask him.....

Edited by Blue Duece

Thanks guys,

Blue Duece,

you kind of answered another concern I had about going to a lower elevation and having different compression readings. I ride at El Mirage and Stoddard Wells. But I will be going out to Dumont in a month or so.

How much PSI difference should there be from 3,000 to 600-700ft. elevation?

I will check out Goodspeed on the fuel. I do use 927, 50:1 seems a little low, I have been running at 32:1. I will be talking to Jim when I get my cylinders in.

Where do you ride at BlueDuece? Maybe we'll hit a ride when I get mine going. :thanks:

Thanks guys,

Blue Duece,

you kind of answered another concern I had about going to a lower elevation and having different compression readings. I ride at El Mirage and Stoddard Wells. But I will be going out to Dumont in a month or so.

How much PSI difference should there be from 3,000 to 600-700ft. elevation?

I will check out Goodspeed on the fuel. I do use 927, 50:1 seems a little low, I have been running at 32:1. I will be talking to Jim when I get my cylinders in.

Where do you ride at BlueDuece? Maybe we'll hit a ride when I get mine going. :thanks:

im not sure on the psi look at noss.com he has a chart that will tell you maybe as much as 15 psi though 927 is made to run at 50:1, i ride at stoddard, but its rocky as hell and elmarage but mostly honda valley off of ranchero and out by deep creek ive ridden to elmarage from my house and sometimes we get a pal with his rock crawler jeep to carry fuel and food and stuff and we will ride to dumont across the mojave trail its a full day of riding but fun as hell.........in my opinion 32:1 is a little rich, jimbee at passion will let you know if your main jets dialed in i always run just a pinch rich cause it gets hot as hell as you know out here in the desert, at 40:1 with 927 my motor spitts outt smoke and dribbles shit out my stingers......but let us know how ya do.........jim

Edited by Blue Duece