Besides myself.....

LiftdT4R

Ok, 2 accidents in 2 weeks, and I'm just besides myself. I have enevr wrecked a bike in my 10 years of riding, just minor shit, little fender benders and whatnot, but this weekend took the cake. Me and some buddies went out to PA to ride, and we were havin' a blast. The bike ran great, very quick, and was puttin' 4 strokes to shame.

Towards the end of the day we ran a few hill shoots. These hills were damn near vertical at the top, but so what, I ran the same one 3 times, and made it fine. My buddy bogged out a raptor, almost flipped, but clutched it, and slid back down safely. I ran the next shot, and I was about 3 feet away on a near verticle section when the bike came over backwards on me. The shee cartwheeled about 50 feet back down, and I tumbled with it. I managed to get out of it's way, but I got pretty banged up, nothing major thankfully.

I'm going to try to sell my R1 tomorrow, and I'm thinking about selling the Banshees, I'm not sure yet, but I'm just really really bummed out about this. My buddy has pictures of the actual accident, which I'll post later. Here is one I snapped after getting home a few hours ago. Pretty sure the frame is bent, looks fucked. Not looking for any kind of sympathy, and please don't bash me either, just wanted to tell my story, and as you know, shit can happen, figured all you ruberneckers wouldnt mind the pics either, I always stop and gawk at wrecked shit too.

wreckedshee.jpg

Edited by LiftdT4R

• 2 weeks later...

Your lookin at your shit, all bent up and what not. Remembering hitting your noggin on the ground. Pretty pissed off. Then after a week, 2 or maybe 3 you start thinkin about the dudes 4 strokes you smoked, how much fun you had. Then you'll formulate a plan to rebuild whats fucked up. You'll make it better handling, shit, haul more ass too. Lets face it, its not over. Rip them plastics off, take some pics and let us give you a hand.

Thanks for all the good advice :beer: I'm still contemplating keeping her, or else selling it off so I can finish my 01 project. Just got rid of my R1, so that freed up a little cash. One of my buddies got messed up real bad on a Raptor at the beginning of the summer, and I've lost too many friends on street bikes.

I don't know, the money issue of fixing up the bike isnt what bothers me, just my own mortality I guess. I usually have pretty good judgement, but for some reason, whenever I get going, it's hard to stop. I put wheels on from my 01 so I could at least roll it around, and I can see that the subframe is way worse then it was before, about a 2" difference side to side. Also, I don't know if it's the a-arms or what, but the front sits cockeyed too.

I wont get a chance to tear into even if I do keep it until December or so. I went back to school this semester, and I work Wednesday through Sunday, so it's kinda tough. I'm also building a shed in my backyard(yeah, yet another project), but that will be good place to work on shit for the winter,

I'll probably wind up keeping it, because I don't mind working on shit, the motor is kinda fucked too, there is a ton of smoke on the right side. I posted pics in the repairs section. I'm pretty convinced the right crank seal is gone, everything else checked out. But anyway, I've been working on my bikes since I was little, the only part that fucks me up is the 2 carbs, everything else I've had has only had 1. I'm still waiting on pics from my buddy, he's slower then shit, but they are some pretty "good" accident scene photos.

If anyone in NJ wants this shit though, send me a PM with an offer, for the right amount of $$$ I will sell it.