Banshee on the Dyno

Wow...that's a huge dip at 8K or so....

42ish is about right.

Here's a dyno of mine when I had my cub redone, before I had an all new ignition, inframe drag pipes or bigger carbs. This run was done on stock carbs and T5 pipes.

I'm not putting this up here to boast...only to show the big difference between a drag orientated motor to a stockish motor....when your bike is signing off...a drag bike is starting to make big power...in a very, very short range!

96sheecubbedbo7.jpg

Not sure if milling the head will get rid of that dip...but, porting will increase you pretty much everywhere...

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you could tune the jetting to get that dip out...possibly different needles and main...

I'd ask for the air/fuel ratio from 7 to 9K RPM...and see if you can tune that out. Toomey pipes run very strong, I honestly don't believe the dyno charts on their site for the HP number...but, the curve looks/feels about right from the T5s I ran before....

They made great power from 6 to 9K RPM... I'd see if you're lean or rich in the RPMs as stated above, I'd be willing to bet you could tune that for a smoother curve.... No toomey bike I've ridden lost 8HP from 7K to 8500...only to gain 5HP from 8500 to 9K...

Just my thoughts....

u bring up a very good point. but the dyno they have isnt set up for 2 strokes so they cant read the air fuel mix but 4 stroked they can. its mostly guess and check but its to damn cold now to do any real tuning maybe next year i just want to ride while i can but in my opinion i think its to rich. but better that then the other

Well...hold up on that....

You said you were using nobby tires, not slicks...right? They very well could be frying on the dyno at the peak power...

Ride the bike. You will feel an 8HP loss at that RPM....and a 5HP gain 1000 RPM later....

If it doesn't feel like that from the seat, no reason to worry....

Well...hold up on that....

You said you were using nobby tires, not slicks...right? They very well could be frying on the dyno at the peak power...

Ride the bike. You will feel an 8HP loss at that RPM....and a 5HP gain 1000 RPM later....

If it doesn't feel like that from the seat, no reason to worry....

Your tires are fine on the dyno. If they slip, you'll see big spikes in the curve. If someone has a plot of a clutch slipping, they can look similar. By looking at your curve to me, it looks like the transition from your needle to your main is way off. If the curves are progressive runs of leaning your main jet, then I'd say to order the next 2-4 jet sizes down on the main and keep tuning until you get it right.

30ft-lbs of torque at 6000 RPM makes 34.2HP

30ft-lbs of torque at 9000 RPM makes 51.4HP

Get your motor to pull the higher RPM's right, and your HP will come right up.

92 octane with 50 to 1 mix with Yamalube 2-S

Additionally, you might wanna think about increasing the mix ratio to like 32:1. You may want to also do a 50/50 mix of race gas with your 92 octane pump gas, mill your head to raise your compression, and advance your timing 4 degrees. With those mods, you should be somewhere between 50-55 HP, and have more usable torque that comes on sooner.

Good luck with her....