450 shocks

hawk363

my queation is out of the pepople that have done the grinding and fab work to put on the 450 shocks who has had any serious problems with them down the road, i am tryin to get some new shocks for a stock a-arm setup but dont feel like spending money, cheap i know, are the 450 shocks worht it?

If you know it's been covered why would you post about it again?

Just kidding bro, the convo is always good here. I just bought a set of 450 shocks, because I have heard soo much good stuff about them. From what I know they sem to work better on extended arms, rather then stock, aslo, a member here, Shane, does a re-valve? on them which seems to work much better. I have heard they are on par with elkas, and are definately worth it for the money. Price was a big factor in my decision, I picked up a set for $200 shipped over at Planet Sand. There is a good amount of info and reviews here for them, so you might want to check that out too. Good luck,

put 100-200$ more for elka no ressie shock.....buit for your bike, for your weight, rebuildable, cool look....what more can I say??eeee ya no custom work to do I forgot....

The YFZ shock is re-buildable too, and can be valved for your weight. The work to install them isnt bad if you have aftermarket arms. Just my .02.

well thanks, it sounds like a good idea to me to save a couple hundred bucks, was just wondering if there was any downsides to them really

I would say the biggest downside would be using them with stock arms. If you go +2 arms, the length on them is perfect. If you go with the stock arms, it does make the front end sit a little higher, and will stress the ball joints a little more(not sure of any long term reliability issues here though. Also, just the actual modding is a little bit of a PITA. I havent riddenmy YFZ shocks yet, but I havent heard anyone on here say they ride like shit. Just my .02