Another Paddle Question

ban89

I figured I would ask the pros before I bite the bullet.

I am expecting my new 7 mil cub motor shortly and I am wondering if it is worth the money to upgrade to new tires.

My current motor is drag port and polished with cpi inframes and 35mm pwk on c-12. I am running Skat-trak extreme 20x10x10 9 paddle extremes on red lables.

I it worth upgrading to the skat-trak 21x12x8 10 paddle extremes? I do about 50/50 dune and drag. I had no problems turning my 9 paddles with my current set up and I was wondering if my new motor will overpower them.

thanks for the help.

I dont think so, I had some old trekker paddles (dont remember who made them) that were all tore up. Only about 50% of the paddles were still there. Its usually not that you overpower them unless they're almost slick. What you need to worry about is too much traction. The faster you spin paddles in the sand the better they hook up. Its just trial and error of how much traction you want versus handling.

Yeah, the more power is going to keep you busy with keepin' the front down. I debated for a long time about +4 or +6, but after talkin' to a lot of people who run cubs, and Jeff agreed that I would be better off with the +6. I can get used to handling it on the loggin' roads, and dunes are going to be sweet. I just want to bring the front up when I want it to, not when it wants to. From what I have read and heard the +4 and +6 are the border between straight line runnin' and dune carving. It really depends on whether you want to change your loggin' road ridin' or your dune ridin', because no matter what, you are going to have pro's and con's. I am runnin' my stock shock cranked up more, until it goes south, then I will have it revalved or buy another one.........

Good luck with your decision.................. :beer: