Not wanting to kick start after jetting...

Duke

Hey guys, I recently put some FMF fatty's on my quad and rejetted. It seems now after the jetting, it doesn't want to kick start. It doesn't even want to jump start... I've had to resort to towing with another quad to jump it. Before the jetting it would kick on the first try.

Only thing is, once it gets going it is running perfect... Best it ever has. Not fouling plugs, tons of power, idling great. When I go out I just have to idle when I stop so I don't have to cut it off.

So heres my setup. 2003, Fatty's, 280 main - stock pilot (elevation is 1200-3500), uni filter with snorkel off, 32:1 yamalub. Rest all stock.

Any suggestions?

Edited by Duke

Hey guys, I recently put some FMF fatty's on my quad and rejetted. It seems now after the jetting, it doesn't want to kick start. It doesn't even want to jump start... I've had to resort to towing with another quad to jump it. Before the jetting it would kick on the first try.

Only thing is, once it gets going it is running perfect... Best it ever has. Not fouling plugs, tons of power, idling great. When I go out I just have to idle when I stop so I don't have to cut it off.

So heres my setup. 2003, Fatty's, 280 main - stock pilot (elevation is 1200-3500), uni filter with snorkel off, 32:1 yamalub. Rest all stock.

Any suggestions?

Are you 100% sure you put the float bowls back on the correct carbs? If not, your choke will not work correctly. Also, make sure the crossover tube between carbs on. If you are not sure of the bowl situation, look inside the bottom of the bowls. Should be labeled 1-1 and 1-2. 1-1 goes on the carb w/the choke pull(left side).

put in a #30 pilot like FMF says to do. Fatties like a rich pilot.

30 will be too rich...espeically since he has ONLY the snorkel removed....

I'd still say it's too rich...but I agree...fatties do like a little bigger pilot.

Carb bowl advice is great.

There is a rubber tube that goes between the carbs as well, the choke tube...make sure it is in place and tight...

Are you 100% sure you put the float bowls back on the correct carbs? If not, your choke will not work correctly. Also, make sure the crossover tube between carbs on. If you are not sure of the bowl situation, look inside the bottom of the bowls. Should be labeled 1-1 and 1-2. 1-1 goes on the carb w/the choke pull(left side).

Also, make sure the crossover tube between carbs on.

that has caused me several headaches until i loook and realize its disconected.

I'm already still running a little rich, I don't think I should up the pilot. I'll check the bowls though, thanks guys.

The pilot has nothing to do with jetting when your riding it (if you ride a banshee how it is supose to be rode). It controls the fuel at idle. You need a richer idle circuit that is why it isnt starting. You should at least up the pilot jet one size.

The pilot has nothing to do with jetting when your riding it (if you ride a banshee how it is supose to be rode). It controls the fuel at idle. You need a richer idle circuit that is why it isnt starting. You should at least up the pilot jet one size.

I totally agree!!

You can not be rich on the pilot jet circuit with stock pilots and FMF's. You should go to #30's even with the airbox lid on/snorkel removed with Fatties or at least 27.5's If your choke tube is in place and everything is as it should be except for the stock pilots, try turning your air screws almost all the way in, about 1/4 turn out and see if that helps, it should at least get you by for now.