JETTING HELP *NOW*

arlis

Hi all i just got my parts in today for my new 06 shee! t5's, k&n clamp on's, and vforce3's and im shooting to go riding on friday but my mechanic is on vacation so i need to learn how to jet a carb lmao how bad does that sound!!! any ways i was wondering if you guys could get me detailed descripton on how to rejet a carb! is it hard to a new one? give me the 411 haha thanks!!

GET a Clymers....

It explains it all in there....

You basically have to scrunch down the spring, flip it upside down so the retainer clip falls out...then shimmy the cable out.

Two phillips screws hold the cable tower down. Remove 'em...remove the needle...change the clip, then reverse this order.

If you are able to put pipes on and remove the airbox...you can jet your carbs.

not to doubt any members' advice, and it just might be me, because I'm not the swiftest, but I had a hard time jetting carbs, especially 2 of them. It seemed hard for a while to get the air screws, mains, pilots, everything right. The kyt for me was understanding how a carb actually works. I always skipped over that in Clymers, and until I actually read it and understood it, I had a tought time. Understand it first, and then go from there.

BenBB Jetting FAQ

This is a great jetting how to article.

You need 27.5 pilots air screws 1.5 turns out

Needle on the 3rd clip from the blunt end (no needle adjustment needed from stock).

310 main jets

Dont forget to reconnect the choke tube between the carbs, that gets nuebies every time.

Leave the carbs connected to the cables, just pop them out to the side, take off the bowles, change main and pilot jets and adjust air screws and you'll be good to go in a half an hour as long as you dont F-up.

BenBB Jetting FAQ

This is a great jetting how to article.

You need 27.5 pilots air screws 1.5 turns out

Needle on the 3rd clip from the blunt end (no needle adjustment needed from stock).

310 main jets

Dont forget to reconnect the choke tube between the carbs, that gets nuebies every time.

Leave the carbs connected to the cables, just pop them out to the side, take off the bowles, change main and pilot jets and adjust air screws and you'll be good to go in a half an hour as long as you dont F-up.

^^^^^^ What he said. Bens how to is the best and easiest to understand, IMO. Print it out and keep it in your clymers. Read it all and then read it again. As far as 310's with clamp ons I would suggest something in the 340 range. I ran 310'a with a pro design foam filter and no lid. 340 or so and you'll be good to go.