Shaving the frame

I'm going to stir the pot now...since you mentioned e2s...

Here's my take on the sites I go to...and I just started going to e2s...

e2s is like high school..a lot of young guys who don't know shit, ask dumb beginner questions, but...that's fine. We all started somewhere. There are a few good teachers there to help.

HQ is like college. A lot more knowledgeable people. This is where I like it. Not clicky...nice people, good times.

Planet Sand is like Pros. Just about every top builder is there. But, I'd say 90% of them are drag racers...hill shooters, etc. Hard Core. But...if you spend any time on there, you'll have to agree..there are clicks that run that board. Some nice folks as well...but, I'm not ready to build a 3 second sand drag bike....

To be 100% honest, I'm no longer interested in a midrange banshee motor. If I was, I would've save a TON of money and gotten my stock cylinders ported....

I built a cub to be fast at the strip...and fast in the dunes. I...like many, will never have 20 to 30 grand to make a sand drag rocket. Ok..unless I'm holding the winning lottery ticket. :)

But...I wanted a good dune and drag bike, that could beat a lot, but...in no way will hang with the big boys. I'm talking wheelie bars, alcohol, Nitrous....drag frames, the like.

I've got that bike now, I'm only missing a dunable override and lockup clutch...and this bike will be done.

If I wanted midrange, I'd get a 4 stroke...which, I will for trails and playing at some point.

Dont forget...I'm in MI.

And over here...you have A&S, Grand River, RDZ and a few others. I can't say I see too many Duncan banshees over here....

I would have to disagree with the porting statement. Plenty of people around here and elsewhere do fantastic jobs....and have been doing it for just as long if not longer...

Big Cheez...sorry we crapped all over your thread....not sure how this turned into this...but, it is what it is....

Guilty as charged...

:baseball_bat:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not always how big your motor is to be the best for anything.. to me its more important for reliability.. midrange motors are perfect for dunes so thats why i built it that way.. dont think that the top end doesnt rev out to its fullest.. its just your not always in the powerband going through dunes.. iv built many top end motors to come to this conclusion.. buying a four stoker is out of the question for me.. and not nearly as fun.. the banshee is the ultimate dune quad all around.. see if i was in your situation i would ride a two wheeler.. with the weight and power of a two stroke the banshee is best for me..

dont know anyone on e2s but whoever started the booste bottle thread is pretty dam smart.. im not a fan of drag racing anymore either so the 30k motors dont appeal to me anyways.. the hill shooters are cool cause they still have suspension... whats wrong with a drag motor in a mx chassis.. we have a 421 4mm cheetah with 115hp with long travel and elkas and stock length swinger.. sticks to the ground with ease and will destroy most drag bikes.. so you can have the best of both worlds..

oh and if you ever see the inside port job from loren then you will understand what im saying.. its all about the tunnel ports lol.. not just opened up on every side..

Edited by DRI4life

its not always how big your motor is to be the best for anything.. to me its more important for reliability.. midrange motors are perfect for dunes so thats why i built it that way.. dont think that the top end doesnt rev out to its fullest.. its just your not always in the powerband going through dunes.. iv built many top end motors to come to this conclusion.. buying a four stoker is out of the question for me.. and not nearly as fun.. the banshee is the ultimate dune quad all around.. see if i was in your situation i would ride a two wheeler.. with the weight and power of a two stroke the banshee is best for me..

dont know anyone on e2s but whoever started the booste bottle thread is pretty dam smart.. im not a fan of drag racing anymore either so the 30k motors dont appeal to me anyways.. the hill shooters are cool cause they still have suspension... whats wrong with a drag motor in a mx chassis.. we have a 421 4mm cheetah with 115hp with long travel and elkas and stock length swinger.. sticks to the ground with ease and will destroy most drag bikes.. so you can have the best of both worlds..

oh and if you ever see the inside port job from loren then you will understand what im saying.. its all about the tunnel ports lol.. not just opened up on every side..

Boost bottles are not worth the material they're made out of, it's a waste of money and if your builder is saying that your bike has more bottom end cuz of a boost bottle then maybee you should find another builder. I have set-up many diff bikes and tested the boost bottle theory (swapped a stock crossover tube with a boost bottle and it made no diff (seat of the pants))

Boost bottles are not worth the material they're made out of, it's a waste of money and if your builder is saying that your bike has more bottom end cuz of a boost bottle then maybee you should find another builder. I have set-up many diff bikes and tested the boost bottle theory (swapped a stock crossover tube with a boost bottle and it made no diff (seat of the pants))

bla bla bla bla... im not going to go around in circles just to make the same point over and over again... if it didnt do anything for you then great.. i dont give a fuck.. i do my own testing on stock and fully built motors so your not telling me anything.. nice try though

So...you're talking about boost ports? Yep, nothing new... I'm sure Loren does 'em well...others do it better.

If you would have actually read my post, I said I'm looking at a 4 poke for TRAILS and screwing around. I have the perfect dune bike, and it's a banshee.

Let me get this straight. You have a 115HP Cheetah. Stock Swingarm...and long travel suspension, and you think for one second it'll destroy most drag bikes?

If you would have stopped before that post...I might have gave you some credit...but...

Sorry...that just proves you don't know shit right there, period...when it comes to drag racing.

You're better off trying to sell me on a boost bottle.

You do realize that a drag frame and motor (usually in the 260 or 280 lb mark) lowered to shit. stiff or NO suspension (Marivn Shaws or drag struts) override tranny...lockup clutch....

C'mon and bring that cheetah over here. I'd bet a 85HP drag banshee would hand that thing it's ass...all day long on the drag strip...period. There is no question about it...

You may or may not know a thing about MX banshees, etc. But your statement about that cheetah and the way it's setup proves to me you don't know shit about drag racing...period.

I'd love to see a 115HP banshee on a stock swingarm even think about coming out of the hole ...period. Sand, Pavement...ANY surface.

I think I'll call Duncan tomorrow and get their take on that....should be interesting.

We'll see what their boost bottled 115HP Cheetah motor does on a stock swinger and long travel shocks....

So...you're talking about boost ports? Yep, nothing new... I'm sure Loren does 'em well...others do it better.

If you would have actually read my post, I said I'm looking at a 4 poke for TRAILS and screwing around. I have the perfect dune bike, and it's a banshee.

Let me get this straight. You have a 115HP Cheetah. Stock Swingarm...and long travel suspension, and you think for one second it'll destroy most drag bikes?

If you would have stopped before that post...I might have gave you some credit...but...

Sorry...that just proves you don't know shit right there, period...when it comes to drag racing.

You do realize that a drag frame and motor (usually in the 260 or 280 lb mark) lowered to shit. stiff or NO suspension (Marivn Shaws or drag struts) override tranny...lockup clutch....

C'mon and bring that cheetah over here. I'd bet a 85HP drag banshee would hand that thing it's ass...all day long on the drag strip...period. There is no question about it...

You may or may not know a thing about MX banshees, etc. But your statement about that cheetah and the way it's setup proves to me you don't know shit about drag racing...period.

I'd love to see a 115HP banshee on a stock swingarm even think about coming out of the hole ...period. Sand, Pavement...ANY surface.

I think I'll call Duncan tomorrow and get their take on that....should be interesting.

We'll see what their boost bottled 115HP Cheetah motor does on a stock swinger and long travel shocks....

lol.....

pm sent.. we will see smart ass.. you make me laugh with your amature comments.. BRING IT!!!!!

PM replied....

I did find a use for that boost bottle after all last night....

I smoked my dinner with it....and I see your point of view now....

:beer:

quick question. I don't want to sound like a dumbass but, what does IMO mean? I tried to figure it out but oh well. I'll make myself look like a jackass for the sake of learning something. lol.

In My Opinion.....

:beer:

I'll race him on his 115hp stock swinger. I spin like a bitch out of the hole but I bet I still get out ahead of him. Ha Ha!

P.S. Boost Bottle is a huge crock of shit that does nothing. You can smoke your crack out of it, that's about all its good for.

I'm from michigan and I had a Duncan National motor. I wasn't Impressed by the port work. It looked like any other port job to me. I was 10 times more impressed with Jim's (Passion) 12-port porting. Like dajogejr said the tunnel/boost/boyesen/what ever else you wanna call them ports is nothing new. I used to be on the Duncan "bandwagon" also. I was on the 04' support team and both my quads were built from ground up with Duncan products. But I realized their were ALOT of builders that focused more on the banshee and could build me a motor more suited to my needs. When it comes to the banshee I felt Duncan was falling behind and was more focused on the new 4-strokes. Duncan has great customer service and does great work with the new 4-strokes. I just think there is better places to go for banshee work.

I'll be the on zillionth person to say a boost bottle is better used as a paper weight.

I had Duncan Master Flow intake and switched to a Boss intake with a built in ballance tube and I didn't notice a bit of difference. Except for a cleaner looking egine since I didn't have the big chunk of aluminum sitting infront of my carbs.

Edited by fouledout2

Be careful...

DRI4life might start typing you threatening PMs too...instead of being a man and saying what he has to say on a public forum....

Face it dipshit, you're just flat out wrong. You said in your PM (in between the sobs) I blew what you said out of proportion...well, if calling you out on your bullshit is blowing it out of proportion...then....yep....I blew it out sky high.

Go ahead and talk tough on this forum some more, or better yet hide behind PMs and threaten me....

That just proves what a dickbag you are.

There...I said it...and I"m not hiding.

Just like I said in the PM back to you....take your little dick, stick it in one end of that boost bottle and the other end up your ass....

LMAO this guy is still talking.. grow up child you have alot to learn.. anytime you want you can prove me wrong.. oh wait i forgot your all talk.. i dont care to put up a shit talking battle on a public forum so you win.. your cooler then me and i dont know shit... what a joke this guy is.. its people like you who bring sites down with all the negative talk.. i think your crying behind your keyboard..

Hmm...let's see. This is just one of the good PMs you've left...calling me out...

"ouch you got me.. if you want to do something about it then step the fuck up.. if not then shut you fucking mouth.. this is the last time im gong to talk to you so get over it.. A.you started the shit talking B. you dont know me and what my life is and C. you never proved me wrong, you just get mad and talk shit.. im sick of talking and it seems to be what you are all about.. ALL TALK!! i will wipe my ass with your redneck broke ass pos bike.. anytime fucker.. LMAO your such a rookie"

Does somebody need to call your parents and tell them you're being bad again? Mabye the need to ground you...

EVERYONE on here disagrees with you. You are Wrong. Period.

Redneck broke POS bike??? A rookie runs their mouth on a public forum...talks tough in PMs....

What...are you begging me for an ass whipping? From my bike or from me?

You're 15 year old ass sure isn't worth driving to CA for...to prove you wrong yet again.

So...ask Mom and Dad if they wanna go on a field trip to Michigan, pick up a few kiddie meals on the way....and I'll hand it to you either way.

B....I do know you and how your life is. It sucks and is pathetic overall...but from your view everything is great....and that's all that matters in your own little world.

Have Duncan sponser you and pay for your travel arrangements out to MI....or maybe you can market a few boost bottle to help pay for the trip....I'd try to pedal them somewhere else though...obviously they're a no sell here....

You started the tough talk.....and I can finish it for you. Better hurry up, though...I think school starts again soon...mention it to your parents as they're walking you to class.

By the way keyboard tough guy....I'm not mad. I'm actually quite entertained....jackasses like you always make for a good laugh, for everyone reading this....

At least you have entertainment value going for you....nice one...