Remedial carb advice

Have recenly switched my mains from 200 to 300 to start with the plug chops, ect.. Have never done this and it showed because I havent been able to even start the bike because gas just pours out of my right side carb when I turn the gas on. Some buddies say my float is stuck and to lightly tap on the side of the carb with something non-metallic. I have tried this to no avail and have taken this carb out again and cant find out where I have gone wrong. everything is hooked up as it was but I did notice a stickiness in the throttle valve but both are in synch when viewed through air intake and carb window shows the needle valve in correct setting. I might have bent something when the float bowl broke free of the gasket, it was very sudden and forcefull. But I m hoping one of you guys will tell me something simple I am doing wrong.

One more thing, The SSTs I have fit like shit and the rs is crammed into the radiator hose about 2inches away from the pump discharge. I know that cant be good.. Any thoughts on that??

HELP

There is dirt in the needle in seat, or...you bent the float to all hell and it's WAY up in the carb.

My guess by your description is the latter...

Remove the carb, remove the bowl, and flip the carb upside down. IF the bottom (pointing towards the sky flipped upside down) of the bowl is pretty level, it should be fine. The exact measurement is 21mm from the gasket surface of the bowl (minus gasket) to the top of the float...but, you can eyeball 'em pretty good.

I'd almost bet when you turn it upside down...the float tab is smashed as such the float is way off...

Take the bottom off the carb, then hook it back up to the tank while holding the carb upright. When holding the floats all the way up, no gas should come out. Once you drop them to level, it should start coming out (Like he said, 21mm is spec). You can watch the valve work and tell if its bent and not closing when it should, or if is closing, but dirt is keeping it from sealing.

Edited by dawarriorman

Turned out the pilot jet was suck in the seat. Freed it up and it worked fine. Now I took it out and ran it finally, and did a plug chop. The insulators looked like they were as clean as when I put them in out of the box. My dealer says that I must still have problems with the pilot because I should not need to go up any more on the mains. Any thoughts? Where can I find what I need, my dealer has nothing!?? :baseball_bat:

If you did the plug chop properly, and the base of the insulators are white, your main is still lean.

Your pilot circuit has NO effect in jetting after 1/8 throttle or so.

Now...since your pilot was jacked, it'd be a good time dissasemble each carb, one at a time, COMPLETELY, remove all jets, and clean teh bejesus out of 'em.

If the passages are clogged up...there's no point in continuing to try and jet it out....it needs to be clean to start for accurate plug readings.